Thursday, February 7, 2013

My Perfect Rainy Day Journal page

The first of this month's prompts over at A year in the life of an art journal was rainy day or what a perfect rainy day looks like to you.   I immediately remembered the incredible rainbow I photographed a few months ago from my driveway.  Actually there were three rainbows next to each other that day, but this one was so vibrant I had to take a picture.  


So this is what a perfect rainy day looks like to me.  It's when it's not rainy anymore and there is bit of sunshine peaking through creating rainbows.   The quote from Gilbert K. Chesterton reads, "And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down.  Without the rain, there would be no rainbows."   

To create my cloudy,  I started by cutting out a few clouds from my Cricut Create a Critter cartridge.  I then adhere them on my page with temporary adhesive and applied Chipped Sapphire, Broken China, and Iced Spruce Distress Ink to the page.  I didn't ink the middle since I knew I wanted a rainbow running through the page.



Next I applied Liquidex Matte Medium where the rainbow would be and let it dry overnight.  I painted the rainbow with acrylic paint and sprinkled matching glitter on the rays, letting them dry between each color.  The yellow sun stamp is from All Night Media, Ink.  I also flung glitter mist all over the page with a paintbrush to create raindrops on the pages.  Then I just matted my picture and added the quote.


Thanks for stopping by today!  Remember you can join in the challenges over at the A year in the life of an art journal anytime you want.  It's really fun just getting messy w/ different art mediums and, as you can see by my page, no artistic talent is necessary ;)

Denise

7 comments:

Rachel Whetzel said...

I LOVE IT!! So glad you shared with us!! Rainbows are one of my favorites too. :) Just saw one the other day, as a matter of fact. Their beauty never gets old.

Sonia said...

Terrific creation my dear friend:) Lovely photo:)
Really gorgeous work:)
Big hug,
Sonia

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous, Denise!! There is definitely artistic talent involved!! Love the background and the picture is gorgeous!! And I love the sentiment :)

The Tim Holtz Rosette die does work in my Cuttlebug, but I have to tape the paper to the die and run it through one side and then the other since I don't have the longer adapter plates. I haven't tried it in the Grand Calibur. It really makes it easy to create Rosettes!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sherry said...

I really love your page and I love that you shared the steps here. Visiting from A Year in the Life of an Art Journal. =)

Angi said...

Wow! This is fabulous. Love the photo and that beautiful rainbow.

Ellen Porter said...

I love that rainbow photo and how you incorporated it into your page.

Glenda T. said...

This is fabulous!! Love how you incorporated the photo of the rainbow with your journal page rainbow! Thanks for playing with us!!