Sunday, February 24, 2013

Love

I inked up, misted, embossed, stamped, and painted on this layout.  It was way too much fun.  

The chipboard letters and heart I had in my stash were actually plain brown chipboard when I started.  But after seeing Michelle's blog post on altering chipboard, I painted them white, heat embossed them with chunky white embossing powder, and sprayed them with perfect peach, red velvet, and Sun Sisters glimmer mist to give them a funky texture.  I also sprayed these same mists on my Mis-table Pink Paislee background paper, as well as directly applied Antique Linen Distress Ink to give in a little brown color.  The circular paper was also inked up with Antique Linen and I glued down some lace ribbon to the back of it for a frillier border. 

The fabulous stamped flowers are from the new Flower Power stamp set from Sheena Douglass.  I stamped them onto 80 lb Ultra Smooth Premium White Card stock and then painted them with Sparkling H2Os water colors.  Once they dried I used my finger to add a bit of Diamond Stickles Glitter Glue.  The fabric butterfly and flower are from Prima.

My journaling reads, "Daughter of mine, you are so perfect just the way you are - sweet, funny, strong, independent, and happy.  I love you, always." 

I am entering my layout in the following challenges:

Once Upon a sketch blog - sketch + love journaling
Hotshot Craft blog - Anything but a card
Paper Crafting Journey - Bingo (Flowers, embossing, lace)

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you had a fabulous weekend.  

Denise

12 comments:

ellyscard creatief said...

Lovely creation.
Gr Elly

Lisa said...

Wow, this is stunning!! I love all the amazing layers and the embellishments!! But my favorite thing is that adorable smile!! She's so sweet!! Happy Sunday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Laura Turcotte said...

What a cutie!! What a BEAUTIFUL layout!!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Gorgeous! Amazing details and love your journaling! Carri~Abusybee

Sonia said...

Terrific layout my dear^_^
Gorgeous details and sweet image^_^
Big hug,
Sonia

cebelica said...

Your LO is amazing! I love everything about it - the flowers, the lace around the circle, the photo ... It's stunning! Hugs! xx

christinescreativetherapy said...

Oh so pretty! Thanks for joining us at PCJ Challenges --Christine

Angi said...

Super duper gorgeous! Love the butterflies.

Stacy H-W said...

I adore this layout!! So gorgeous and soft. Wow girl you rocked it!

Christy said...

This is beyond lovely. That circle element is awesome!

phamil said...

What a precious photo and sweet page! Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS!

Angel 007 said...

Ein wunderschönes aufwendiges Werk.
Liebe Grüße Carmen