Friday, February 1, 2013

Fairy Special Sister

Today I have a very fast but cool technique to share with you.  I learned it over at the Clean and Simple 2 class.  It's one of a very many they are teaching there every day.  I am actually behind about 6 videos (just from Wed - Today!) but hopefully I'll have time to catch a few of them over the weekend.  Maybe.


To create my card I stamped Art-Kure Britain in Bloom Pansies stamp and two fairy images from Sheena Douglass' A Little Bit Scenic Hidden Fairies stamp set with Close to my Heart Outdoor Denim pigment ink.  I stamped it off the left side of the card.  Then I took a water brush and lightly went over the centers of the pansies and fairies' wings.  This created a softer, blended look.  I think the wings really look cool using this technique.  Then I glued some Martha Stewart micro beads into the centers of the flowers to give it a three-dimensional, textured effect.  The sentiment "Fairy Special Sister" is from the Flower Fairy Sweetpea stamp set.  I'm giving the card to my sister (obviously) who lives in TN.  Even though she lives so far away, we are still very close and my kids absolutely adore her.

Hope you are having a rockin' Friday and have some fun plans this weekend.  It's about 85 degrees out here in Southern California so I am planning to soak up some rays while watching my son's flag football games this weekend.  Hopefully he won't look like he did after the last game a couple of week's ago.  (Did I mention it's FLAG football?!)


Also, make sure to stop by on Monday when there is going to be a huge Crafter's Companion blog hop with a really awesome stamp giveaway.

Have a good one :)

3 comments:

Staci said...

Such a trooper! I remember playing flag football as a kid. I love that card!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Gorgeous CAS!! Ouchie!! Glad I have girls LOL! Carri~Abusybee

macmomma said...

Such a beautiful card! This stamp set has taken top spot on my must have list!