Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Embossing with White

***If you are looking for the Crafter's Companion Angelica and Friends Blog Hop click HERE .***

Today I had time to go back and try out a technique featured on a previous day at Clean and Simple cards online class.  This is probably my favorite technique so far.  Not only does the raised stamped image look so cool against the colorful background, it only took about 15 minutes to make.  For me, that is incredibly fast!  Figuring out which stamp to use took the longest time.


So very quickly, I stamped an image from the Sheena Douglass' Silhouette Grasses stamp set with  VersaMark Ink.  I then sprinkled opaque white embossing powder over it, shaking off any excess, and heat embossed the image.  Then using a blending tool, I gently applied  Picked Raspberry and Salty Ocean Distress Ink over my card stock and image.  As you can see, the embossed image resisted the Distress ink and popped off the card even more.

I am entering my card in the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Anything goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything goes

Enjoy the rest of your day :)

Denise

10 comments:

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous card, Denise!! I love the colors and the technique is fabulous!! It's been a goal of mine this year to try all different techniques so I will have to give this a try!! Thanks for the inspiration!! Have a wonderful evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Ardilla said...

Beautiful!!!!!!!
I love the result... I would love to learn this technique!
Hugs,

Ardilla :)

trisha too said...

Pretty, pretty, Lala!

:)

Stacy H-W said...

WOW!! It turned out so gorgeous!! Love it!!

Sonia said...

What a Wonderful card Denise:)
Big hug,
Sonia

Rica said...

A beautiful CAS card, a stunning stamped image and wonderful coloured inking!!

Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp challenge,
hugs
Heather xx

Mandy said...

Gorgeous CAS card Denise, such pretty colours and stamps.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Angi said...

Super artistic. Love how you made this!

KYCrafter said...

Wonderful technique!!

ionabunny said...

Great technique. Another one to have a go at