Sunday, February 17, 2013

Crafter's Companion "Love is in the air" Challenge

Happy Saturday!!!  Crafter's Companion February challenge is Love is in the air.  For my project I used  used a window element that opened up to the oh-so-romantic Swalk Winter Love You stamp set.


To color the inside of the window element I stamped the Swalk Winter Love You stamp set with 
 Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad and colored it with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers TN1, TN2, TN5, TN6, TN7, TN8, CR1, CR2, CR5 (window), CR6, CR7, CR9, CR11, EB1, EB2, EB3, FS1, FS3.



Here is the outside of the card with the window element closed.  The original window element (Urban Lily) was glossy white.  Using the wide point on my Spectrum Noir CR5 marker, I quickly covered it in color to match my paper.  Then I sprayed it with Spray and Sparkle Iridescent Glitter Varnish to give it a glittery look.  The paper is from DCWV.  I find that DCWV paper works really well with my Ultimate tool.




Hope you can join us this month creating a card for a loved one in your life.  Use a Crafter's Companion stamp or paper crafting set and you could win a gift certificate to our online store and go shopping!

Hope you have all had a fabulous weekend.  Here's what I did during the four day holiday weekend - my first 5K!  I did a Color Run in Las Vegas with my 10 year old son, my friend Stacy, and her three oldest kids.  So much fun for everyone.






Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

Denise

5 comments:

cebelica said...

Your card is so cute! I like how the doors open to reveal the cute image. :)
Great pics from the run too. Looks like you had a wonderful time! :)
Hugs1 xx

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous card!! I love the window element!! The image is so sweet and you colored it beautifully!! Congrats on the 5K!! How awesome!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sonia said...

Adorable image and gorgeous details make this card wonderful my friend^_^
Have a sweet day^_^
Sonia

Angel 007 said...

Your card is designed from the inside and outside beautiful. I like very much.
Greetings from Germany-Carmen

Stacy H-W said...

Yeah Color Run!! So much fun!!

Great card. I love it!