Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Ahoy Matey

Good afternoon crafters!  Today I am sharing I card I whipped up this morning for my nephew.  He is turning four on St. Patrick's Day (along w/ his twin sister).  I love making cards for little kids.  When else can you use the cute little pirate and pirate ship in the Cricut Everday Paper Dolls cartridge?


I created the entire card with nothing but scraps.  Even the 6 x 12 card stock I used for the base of the card was leftover from another project.  Gotta love using up your scraps!

The "Ahoy Matey" stamp is from a retired CTMH stamp set.

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Come and get it challenges - Just add water
One stop craft challenge - For the kids

Thanks for stopping by!

Denise

8 comments:

Lisa said...

This is absolutely adorable!! I love the pirate and his handlebar mustache!! The ship is fabulous!! What a fun card!! Your nephew will love it!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

paper fun said...

He is cute and fun. So perfect for a little boy.

Thanks for joining us at One Stop Craft Challenge.

Mari

cebelica said...

It's really great when you manage to make something with nothing but scraps, right? I think your card turned out great. It's perfect for a little boy. I'm sure your nephew will love it! Hugs! xx

Angi said...

I just love this project! Ahoy Matey!!!

Sonia said...

Just wonderful card my dear^_^
Lovely colors and cute image^_^
Big hug,
SOnia

Angel 007 said...

Ahoi Denise,
Deine Piratenkarte sieht absolut Klasse aus.
Eine schöne Karte für einen Jungen zum Geburtstag.

Viele Grüße aus Deutschland sendet Dir-Carmen

Karal Schuknecht said...

Great card, the pirate is so cute. Thanks for playing this week at Come and Get It for out Just Add Water Challenge.
Karal GDT

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Gotta love it when your using up scraps, great card for our water themed challenge. Thanks for joining us at Come and Get It.