Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Sweet

Today I made TWO projects.  My creative mojo has apparently gone wild.  My first one was a layout of Nicholas kissing a dolphin in Hawaii.  I actually kissed one too on this trip, but at $25 a picture, I just bought Nick's!  (I did buy one other with both of us in it I am hoping to scrap next.)   It's amazing how much bigger and heavier dolphins actually are, up close and personal.


To create the palm tree, I used a misting stencil from Prima Flowers.  Instead of misting though, I used Distress Inks around the image.  Once I felt like I had gone around the entire image I pulled off the plastic stencil you can see a bit here.


I also used Distress Inks to color Pink Paislee mist-able paper under the photos and on the banner.  (Cut with Cricut cartridge Birthday bash.)  For the flower, I pulled off the gem of a Prima flower, added a small bloomer flower from a ribbon, and then inserted a couple of fancy pins.  After taking a couple of Mixed Media classes, I'm finding it easier and easier to destroy alter products.


Then I layered some green mesh (Webster's) twine, bling, metal accents, ribbon, and flowers.  I love how it came out and happily surprised that Nick didn't groan when he saw the flowers on the page.  He's getting to that age.  I used a sketch from Stuck on U Sketches for the the layout inspiration.


I also watched a few more videos today for the 2nd day of the Clean and Simple Two class and made this card using Close to My Heart watercolor pencils and stamps, watercolor paper, and Distress Ink.  I really love the rainbow effect of it and how easy it was do!  I'm trying to create birthday cards for all the projects because I am forever running out of them.   


Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you had a great day!

Denise

7 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

Wow, you did great Denise!

Angi said...

Super sweet photo and beautiful flower!

cebelica said...

This is wonderul. I love the banner. Hugs! xx

Fern said...

Beautiful layout, Denise!!! Great job masking the palm tree and the flower is gorgeous!!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Stuck On U Sketches!! Hugs!!

Leah (*BeeCherryLady*) said...

Dude, this is SO cool!
What a great page and love the technique
and the white vs color on the page!
Really a great combo!
I truly hope to see you soon again for our blog hop.
Would love to see some friends there!

Again, LOVE this page!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great lay-out! Nice trim and details! Super CAS! Carri~Abusybee

Jane Stirling said...

Loving this layout Denise, great work with the palm tree, the trim and the flower/bling cluster. I love your comment about destroying products, I too find it difficult to do that. Thanks for joining us at SOUS!
Hope to see you tomorrow for the Hop... Hugs xx