Monday, January 28, 2013

Making Clean and Simple Cards

My awesome bff Stacy, gave me the gift of the Clean and Simple 2 online card class (Isn't that so sweet?! ) and today was the kick off day.  There were three different videos and one written tutorial full of ideas to try out.  Using what I had on hand, I made this card for it this morning.


The quote says, "Youth is the gift of nature, but age is a work of Art".  Love it!  It is from the Stamp-It Friendship Sentiments stamp set.  The Happy Birthday stamp is from Birthday Hugs stamp set, which I stamp with Versamark ink and then embossed with Stamp-n Stuff Copper Embossing Tinsel.  background was created using a Studio Calico mask and Mister Huey Cameo mist.  I used Double Sided Adhesive Foam tape to give it it's raised dimensional look.

We'll see if I can keep up with making a card every day of the class.  (Guess that's why they don't have class on Sunday, so you can catch up).  Having a laptop is a big help, since you can watch the videos as you fold laundry, cook, etc. :)

Hope you are having a crafty Monday!

Denise

2 comments:

Stacy H-W said...

Love it!! I haven't had a chance yet to watch the videos from the class with 5 kids home sick but I hope to get them settle down with a movie soon and will watch then. Great job girl!!

usharon said...

Very nice!