Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Vintage Mini House

Hey all,

I was browsing the internet a couple of days ago and saw a new "House Rules" challenge at over Simon Says Stamp and Show.  The darling three-dimensional houses the DT made inspired me to put together and alter a Doodlebug Chipboard house out that I've had in my stash for a few years.   Over the last couple of days I took a break from Christmas cards and made this Vintage mini house.


I used the DCWV World Traveler and Rustic stacks for the outside of the house, while the vintage ladies and butterfly sticker are from Graphic 45's A Ladies' Diary collection.  The flowers are from Petaloo and the lace trim is from Webster's.  I outlined the door and house trim with Gold Stickles.  Lara was very interested in who I was making the house for.  She had a big smile when I gave it to her when I finished it.  (I finished it during her nap and she's got the bed head look going on.)



I'm entering my (err, Lara's) mini house in the Simon Says Stamp and Show (House Rules) and Tuesday Alchemy (Anything but a card).

Denise


5 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

Darling house; even more darling child!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Gorgeous!! :D

Candy C said...

Denise...your dimensional house is adorable! Don't you love it when you can use up some of your stash and do it in such a wonderful way? Love your inspiration with the Ladies Diary paper. Those ladies are darling on either side of your front door! Love the touch of lace along the roof line and the gold Stickles around trim. You did a wonderful job and I love the smile on Lara's face holding her new house! :) Thanks for sharing your...I mean LARA'S house with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Suzanne C said...

What a sweet house! The stylish ladies add a perfect touch of elegance. I can see why Lara was asking who the house was for... Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week!

Tracey Anne said...

your little house is fantastic and so stylish , can you take the roof off and fill it full of treats that would be the perfect house for me!! lara has a very talented mummy xx thanks for join in at Tuesday Alchemy xx