Thursday, November 22, 2012

Flower Fairy All-Occasion card


Good morning crafters.  Today I am sharing with you a card that I made for Crafter's Companion USA blog, using one of my favorite Crafter's Companion collections, Flower Fairies.  The sweet images are fabulous for sending a card to someone to let them know you are thinking about them.  Who doesn't love getting a card when you least expect it?


I started this quick and easy card by stamping the Flower Fairy Heliotrope main image onto a die cut shape.  I colored my fairy with the following Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  
Flowers:  CT1, CT2, CT4
Stem:  CG1, CG2
Skin:  FS2, FS3
Wings:  EB1, EB2
Hair:  IG5, IG6, IG8
Dress:  BT1, BT2, BT4


Once I was done coloring, I applied Platinum Stickles Glitter Glue to her wings.  Platinum Stickles has a beautiful mix of silver and gold glitter.  I also added green rhinestones around the image for a little extra sparkle.  

To create a three dimensional effect, I adhered the die cut to the base of the card with Double-Sided Adhesive Foam Squares.  Finally, I added a few flowers in each of the corners of the card.



Have a wonderful week and Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Denise

2 comments:

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Happy Thanksgiving sweetie! A blessed day for you and your family.

Stacy H-W said...

Pretty card!! Love the glitter. I mean really, who doesn't like a little sparkle in their life!?