Thursday, November 29, 2012

5 minute 3-D foil embossed cards


While I love making lots of intricate cards and home decor items, sometimes I just don't have the time.  So when I need to create a card in a hurry, I grab my Crafter's Companion Moorhead Luxury Card Collection.  This card kits has everything you need to make a gorgeous three-dimensional card in no time at all.  It includes gold-foiled die-cut toppers, sentiments, and borders, all which coordinate perfectly with the matching printed and gold-accented card stock.
I was able to create this card using only the Moorhead card kit and adhesive in under five minutes!



I simply punched out the pre-printed die cuts and used Crafter's Companion Double Sided Adhesive Foam Squares to layer the pieces together.  The raised foam creates the fabulous three-dimensional effect.


I cut one of the matching card stock papers to 6 x 8 inches and folded it in half to create a 4 x 6 inch card.  I saved the other half of the card stock which had the same little boy with his puppy for later use.
You can see the gold-embossed border all the bottom of my card.


Then I glued on my layered little boy image, as well as the matching Happy Birthday Sentiment, also included in the Moorhead Luxury card collection.  In just a few minutes I was able to create a wonderful birthday card for a friend!


Thanks for stopping by today!

Happy crafting!

Denise

1 comment:

Stacy H-W said...

Cute card!! That is such a sweet image. Sometimes it is so satisfying to make kit cards because you don't really have to think too hard about it but you still end up with fantastic cards!! And you get to feel scrappy. xo Stacy