Thursday, October 25, 2012

You're My Number One Frame


Hello all! Today I am sharing a frame that I made for my son, using the new Crafter's Companion Mulberry Wood Champion stamp set and a $1 frame I bought at a craft store.  This is an easy project to make, but one that the little athlete in your life will love.


I started with this plain wood frame.


I painted the wood frame with a coat of blue acrylic paint.   Acrylic paint dries very quickly on wood, so you won't have to wait very long for it to dry.


Next I added four pieces of ribbon, one for each side of the frame.  


I used a tacky glue to adhere the ribbon in the back of the frame and then added my photo.


I colored my image from the new Mulberry Wood Champion stamp set with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, using colors that coordinated with my photo.  (Colors show below.)   I also stamped the matching sentiment, "You're my Number One" from the stamp set.  This darling stamp doesn't show a specific sport in it, so it will work for all kinds of sports pictures.   

Spectrum Noir colors used: IG2, IG4, IG5, IG6, IG10, TN2, TN3, CG1, CG2, TB2, TB4, TB5

Once I glued down my stamped image and sentiment, I was all done.   Though this afternoon project was an easy and quick one, my son was absolutely thrilled with it!  


Thanks for stopping by today!

Denise

3 comments:

anna Sonata said...

Very nice, thanks for sharing.
Anna @ sewa mobil jakarta

Sabrina Sulaiman said...

Hi Denise, remember me? ;) Hope you are doing good. Beautiful work Denise, you painted that frame perfectly! I thought it's originally blue in color. Love love this. Simple but sufficient :)

Stacy H-W said...

I thought I commented on this frame already. I LOVE it! And I bet Nick does too. Really cool.