Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Crafter's Companion's Fall Colors challenge

This month we are celebrating Autumn over at the Crafter's Companion Challenge blog.  So get out a Crafter's Companion product (stamp, Spectrum Noir markers, etc)  and make something that reminds you of Fall so you can enter to win 2 six-packs of Spectrum Noir alcohol markers!  It can be Autumn images, sentiments, or colors.  It's all up to you how you want to interpret it.  My favorite thing about Autumn is the gorgeous, warm colors.  


To create my card, I stamped butterflies from the Flying Colors stamp set onto both paper and a clear transparency.  On the back of the stamp on the transparency I applied pink, orange, and yellow alcohol ink.  (For a full tutorial on how to do this, check out my link HERE.)  Once it dried, I cut out the butterflies.

I then added the butterflies on the transparencies to the paper butterflies I had cut out, adhering them in the center where the glue wouldn't be visible.  I also bent the transparency wings back slightly so it would be more three-dimensional.   


In the center of the butterflies, I also added a few rhinestones.


Once all my butterflies were finished, I simply added them to my patterned paper and added the "celebrate" and "best Wishes" rub-ons to the tabs on the card stock.


I hope I've inspired you to create something that reminds you of Fall.  

Have a fabulous day!

Denise

2 comments:

Staci said...

It's beautiful! TFS and have a great week.

Cindy Gay said...

These are very elegant! Well done!