Thursday, October 4, 2012

Crafter's Companion new embossing folders


Today I have a gorgeous new Die'sire embossing folder from Crafter's Companion to share with you.  I am in so in love with these embossing folders because they allow you to customize your projects.  I also think they add such a sophisticated and professional look to projects.  Not only do they do you have many 6" x 6" inch sized folders to choose from, they also carry larger 8x8 inch sized embossing folders, as well.  These are great for embossing 5x7 cards, as well as larger boxes or scrapbook pages.

For my card today, I used the Die'sire 8X8 Flower Power Embossing Folder.  Isn't the floral design lovely?

To alter my newly embossed paper, I gently chalked over the design, using a sponge-like applicator.  The key to chalking embossed backgrounds is to slowly add your chalk, until you achieve the color you want.  Because the designs are raised, it picks up the chalk easily and a little bit of chalk goes a long way.  If you don't have any chalk, you could also add distress inks or mist your paper as well.

For the center of my card, I chose this darling Toread Comge stamp.   The new Toread collection will be available for purchase this week! I colored her using Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  (Skin: FS2, FS3, FS6; Hair: TN3, TN4, TN5; Eyes: TB3; Dress: DG2, DG4; ponytails: LV2, LV3)


To give my card a little sparkle, I added rhinestones randomly in the centers of the flowers on my embossed paper, as well as some paper flowers under my Pixie.  


I didn't add too many embellishments to my card.  The embossed flower pattern of Die'sire 8X8 Flower Power Embossing Folder is just too pretty to cover up.



Thanks for stopping by!

Denise


No comments: