Thursday, September 6, 2012

Seasons Greetings gift card box

Good morning!  Today I have a cute little gift box to share with you that I made for Crafter's Companion. In fact, you may want to read this over at Crafter's Companion blog as they are giving away a 24 pack of their awesome Spectrum Noir alcohol markers today to one of their Facebook friends!!!  That's a seriously cool prize!  (Must be a U.S. resident to win).

Here's what I made for today's post :)

I love giving away gift cards at Christmas time, it's just so easy.  So I decided to add a little pizzazz to them this year by creating fun little boxes to give them in.



To create my box, I used The Boxer board from Crafter's Companion.  I cut out two 5x7 inch pieces of card stock.  Because I didn't need my boxes to be very deep, I scored all four side of the card stock on the second line of my Boxer board.  Then I turned my boxer board around and did the same thing to the second piece of 5 x 7 inch card stock.  By using the other side of the boxer board I had a lid that fit perfectly.  I LOVE that there is no measuring involved in creating the lid.  Then I just cut flaps out of each corner and adhered all the sides together.  They are very quick and easy to make.

To design the top of the lid, I stamped a couple of holly images from Sheena Douglass A Little Bit Festive collection and colored them with my Spectrum Noir red and green pen sets and cut the images out.  I used a Seasons Greetings stamp for the sentiment.  It is also from the A Little Bit Festive collection.  Isn't the lettering beautiful?  These stamps will be available in the Crafter's Companion online store next week.  I also sprayed the die cut with Gold Spray Sparkle Glitter Varnish to add a little sparkle to my project.

To complete the card, I layered the die cuts and holly on a piece of designer paper and adhered it to my lid.  Now it's all ready for a gift card.  I plan on making lots of these mini boxes in the next couple of months.  It really is a great way to personalize a gift certificate or card.


I am entering my little gift box over in these challenges:

Christmas crafting challenge blog - Traditional Christmas colors
Anything Goes challenge blog - Early Christmas
Let's Create Anything but a card - Anything but a card
Papertake Weekly challenge - Anything goes
Tuesday Alchemy - anything goes

Thanks so much for stopping by :)

Denise

8 comments:

Christy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Christy said...

I looove it! The colors are perfect :)

Sandy Ang said...

such a lovely card in traditional christmas colours

Loves Happy Hour said...

great card! love the music sheet paper!

Thanks so much for joining us this week on
Tuesday Alchemy.
Cheers!
Kelli
Loves Happy Hour

meg said...

Love your use of the music paper and matching the papers to your image a beautiful card. Thanks for joining in at Christmas Crafting

marion82 said...

beautiful card sweetie!!
Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Alchemy Challenges!!
hugs
xMx

you can visit
http://whenthescraphitsthefun.blogspot.com/
for my free digis!!

Joanie said...

What a lovely box! The DP is beautiful and your design is fab.

Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes

Debbie said...

What a beautiful Christmas gift box. Love the traditional feel. Thank you for joining us at Christmas Crafting this month.
Hugs Debbie x