Thursday, September 27, 2012

Just for you card with treat

Good morning crafters!  With so many different holidays coming up, I thought I would share a card you can make with a treat inside.   These are perfect for just about everybody.  Who doesn't love to open up a card and find a goodie inside?



I started my card by cutting out a 6 inch by 12 inch piece of double-sided cardstock.  One side had a flower pattern, while the other was a solid color.  I then made a score line at 3 inches from either side of the card.   

Next I cut out three matching mats for the inside of my card; (2) 2 3/4 inch by 5 3/4 inches and (1) 5 3/4 by 5/ 34 inches.


After gluing down the three mats into the inside of my card, I punched two holes on the outer middle edge of the cards, making sure to line up the holes.  Adding eyelets in the holes added some extra durability.  

For the center inside of my card,  I colored this cute little pixie from the soon-to-be-released Torreads Flora stamp set with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  This new line of stamps features all kinds of adorable pixie characters!  I choose TN5, TN7, TN8 for her hair, EB1 and EB2 for her skin, CG1 and CG2 for her dress and leaves in her crown, and GB3 for the flowers in her crown.  For a little sparkle, I also added some gold Stickles over all the flowers.


Once I was done, I cut out a couple of mats for my stamped image as well, layering the pieces together. 



After gluing down my matted, stamped pixie, I used a tacky glue to adhere a lollipop on the inside left side of my card and some vellum words that I had in my stash on the right hand side.  Here's what the completed inside of the card looks like.


For the front of the card, I stamped "Just for You" (also in the Flora stamp set) on a small tag and matted it.  I then hole-punched the end of the tag and flower, adding an eyelet to attach the flower to the tag.  Lastly, I found a piece of fiber that matched the card, threaded it through the four holes and tag, and tied it in a bow.  This gives the card a little bit of an interactive feature, much like opening a present.


Do you like to add goodies to your cards or projects during the holidays or birthdays?

I am entering Gatefold card in the following challenges:
Simon says stamps challenge - Anything goes
Tuesday Throwdown - Fall colors
Divas by Design challenge - Fairies and Fantasy
Especially made - Gatefold card


Enjoy the rest of your day!

Denise

14 comments:

Davi said...

Love the pretty dp and the sweet image. Cute idea. Thanks for sharing with us at TT this week :)

Berni Cuttino said...

Lovely proejct and precious image, beautifully designed. Thanks for joining in on the fun at Tuesday Throwdown,
Berni,DT

Trena in Naperville said...

Beautiful card and idea Denise!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

ScrappinFabPam said...

Love, love love this. Thank you so much for sharing at ME4Y.

Sarah J. Moerman said...

Great card! I love the opening, the sweet image, and treat inside! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

Laura said...

how pretty, love that you turned it into a treat wrap, the tie through the flowers is so cool! thanks for sharing with us at mefy!

Robin said...

Beautiful card, the colors and the cute little pixie are awesome!
Thanks for playing along with us at MEFY.
(:(:Smiles:):)

Robin

Kristy A said...

What a great card. Love how you made it out to be like a little gift. Super cute image too! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at MEFY! : )

Kristy

Molecraft said...

A gorgeous, sweet card...thanks for joining us at Divas!
Helen x

Rica said...

A fabulous card, your design is great, I love your Pixie, it;s adorable!!

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp challenge.

Eileen said...

Love the lace-up at the front! Thanks for sharing with us at Made Especially For You!

Margreet said...

Gorgeous card with a cute image...thanks for joining the Divas!
xxx Margreet

Staci said...

Ack! Too much cuteness!! I love it! :-)

Kim said...

This is SO cute! It would definitely be fun to open up the card and find a treat. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

Kim
sherrodstudiostamps