Thursday, August 9, 2012

Neon All-Occasion Blossom card

*****If you are looking for the Crafter's Companion Blog Hop, click HERE. ******

Good morning crafters!  Have you all been hopping around the Crafter's Companion design team members' blogs and entering to win prizes?  If not, you still have a couple days left to participate in our Birthday Blog Hop :)

Today I have a quick and easy card tutorial that I created for Crafter's Companion, using the gorgeous Blossom Stamp Set from the new Moorhead stamp collection.


I started my project by cutting out a 4 x 4 inch white piece of premium white cardstock and stamping my image on it with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I colored my stamp with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  Because Memento Ink is water-based, the Spectrum Noir markers won't smear the black ink. 



For the base of my card, I cut out a 6 x 12 piece of black paper, I also cut out a matching black 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 square.



For the background of my card, I cut a 5 3/4 x 5 3/4 square out of my designer paper and chose an over-sized flower to layer behind my stamped image.  The mist-able pattern paper is from Pink Paislee and the bright, neon colors were achieved using Dylusions Misting sprays.


Next, I glued down my 5 3/4 x 5 3/4 inch designer paper onto my card base, and my 4x4 inch stamped image onto the black 4 1/2 inch by 4 1/2 inch square.


I placed my large flower in the upper left hand corner, making sure it hung off the edges a little bit.


I added my black-matted stamped image to the center of my card using Double Sided Adhesive Foam Circles.  This really adds a three dimensional effect to your card.   


Lastly, I added three smaller flowers in the lower right hand corner, layering them on top of each other.


Hope you have a crafty day!

Denise

6 comments:

Hellilote (YanChik) said...

Миленькая открытка!

Linda R. said...

LOVE THIS LITTLE GIRL! The colors are amazing.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

She is so sweet! Great design and details on this! Carri ~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Cheryl said...

LOVE how you colored in this sweet image and your card is gorgeous!!

Trena in Naperville said...

What a great card Denise! I love your colors, layers, and flowers! So cute!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Sandy Ang said...

love the colours you used in this card