Thursday, August 2, 2012

For you at Christmas Snowflake card

Good morning everyone!  November and December is always so crazy in our house, so I am trying to get ahead on making my Christmas cards this year.  This snowy card has lots of snowflakes, glitter, and mesh.

The darling stamped image is from Crafter's Companion Mulberry Wood Merry & Bright stamp set, while the "For you at Christmas" sentiment is from the All Wrapped Up stamp set.  I colored my stamp using Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and added Stickles to the Santa hat and suit.


For the base of my 5x7" card, I misted my card blue on both sides (though you could use blue card stock to make this quicker), and cut out a scalloped oval out of the front of the card.


Once the Stickles dried, I wrapped a snowflake embossed mesh around the card so that it looked like it was snowing.


I just taped it down in the back with regular scotch tape.


Next, I glued down the image face down, making sure to only put the glue on the outer edges where it wouldn't show through on the other side.


Then I folded a smaller white card stock and glued it down to both sides of the card.  I just eyeballed the size so that some of the blue would be visible.  


Finally, I cut out some snowflake die cuts from the Winter Cheer Cricut cartridge, gave them a little glitter and adhered them to the front of the card.


Hope this inspired you to create a holiday card.  Let me know if you do so I can see yours as well :)

Also, Crafter's Companion is having a huge blog hop next week so make sure you visit their blog every day.

Enjoy the rest of your week!

Denise

4 comments:

Trena in Naperville said...

Very cute! Great background Denise!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

HoHoHo! This is so adorable! Great design! Carri ~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Staci said...

Too cute! I haven't made a card in some time. Maybe I'll try one today! Have a wonderful weekend!

Angi said...

Super adorable! Love that elephant.