Monday, August 6, 2012

Crafter's Companion's Birthday Blog Hop!

Crafter's Companion's is turning five and we are having a birthday blog hop to celebrate it in style!


The blog hop starts on August 6th and ends midnight Pacific standard time on August 10th.  Every design team member will be giving away a Popcorn the Bear Party Time stamp set to one lucky commenter so be sure to leave a comment on all the blogs to increase your odds of winning.  (Must also be a follower of the Crafter's Companion Information blog, this blog, and a U.S. resident).


Each design team member will also have one "secret" letter that will spell out a "secret" phrase.  When you have all the letters for the phrase,  email the phrase to bindy@crafterscompanion.com for a chance to win $100 GIFT CERTIFICATE!

I decided to go big with my project, and made a huge birthday cake card that measures 6 1/2 inches by 11 inches!  I used the Cricut Cartridge Birthday bash for the card base.

I used Crafter's Companion gorgeous pearlescent card stock, as well as one of my favorite Humphrey the Elephant Stamps, Auld Lang Syne.  I love how versatile this stamp is.  You can use it for any kind of celebration, parties, New Year's Eve, birthdays, congratulations, or anniversary.



To color my stamped image, I used Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  The small nib on the pens make it easy to control where your ink is going and blend the colors beautifully, unlike water-based markers.  At about $2.00 a marker they are also one of the most reasonable priced alcohol markers I've found.

Thank you for stopping by our Birthday Blog hop!  My "secret" letter is "R".  Your next stop is the talented Janette Garcia at http://lajanette.blogspot.com/.  To start at the beginning of the Crafter's Companion blog hop, go to Carolyn's blog over at http://mspetuniascrafts.blogspot.com/.

Have a wonderful week and good luck!

Denise

52 comments:

LaJanette said...

Wow; you have definitely gone BIG here! Loving the cake and the image is way fun!

Hugs;
Janette

Stephanie Lee said...

oh I love the shaped card!! ♥

Caryn S said...

Great card, love the BIG cake and the stamp is so fitting! How did you cut the cake?

Stacy H-W said...

Super cool project girlie!! LOVE IT!!

Kathy said...

This is awesome!! I love the Birthday Cake, great color... Love the party elephants and the great coloring. super job!

KYCrafter said...

The cake shape just adds so much to this card! I may have to "borrow" your idea some time! Great work!

Jingle said...

What a cute design!

{Chrissie} said...

EEEE! This is darling! I LOVE IT!

Cheryl said...

Oh how cute!!!

sharon g said...

The shiny paper is perfect! And the elephants are just adorable. Nice job. I am now following your blog.

Darkskye said...

Cute :D

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Wow!! that is a super fun card. Love the shape...

Mareda said...

Great card and with the perfect stamp to match. Nicely done

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Wow love your card and the CC stamp is prefect for the cake. TFS AJ~

christi said...

what a darling card. i love how you colored the gang. so cute to make a cake card, the pearly paper gives it a nice look too. soo soo cute.

Anabel Serrano said...

Great idea for a birthday card!!! So cute!! Love it.

Kathy S. said...

Wow, great birthday cake card! The image is great.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super yummy! Great image too! Already a follower of your blog and CC! TFS! Carri ~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Karenladd said...

Oh my goodness, this is cute! Love that little group of elephants having a party!

ScrappyRae10 said...

love it! super cute

Scrappin with the bug said...

Adorable!!! I love the cute little party guys. They are just darling. Love the colors great job.

Miriam Prantner said...

What a fun shaped card! Great work!

Angi said...

WOWZA! Love this adorable birthday card!

Tinkerbellgirl said...

This is all so pretty! I would like to pick your brain! debsegler@gmail.com

Angela Crafty Spot said...

I love your cake shaped card!! Great job!
Angela
http://angelascraftyspot.blogspot.com/
chewiescrappin@hotmail.com

Trena in Naperville said...

Love this design Denise! I want to be at the party with my glass! As usual, lovely job coloring Sister!!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Rach1fun said...

awesome project, looks like a lot of work!! Thanks for the chance to win!!

sue said...

What a great card. Thanks for sharing.

Sarah Biswabic said...

What a cute card!!

Sue D said...

What a fun shaped card--I like the pearlescent card stock and the cute elephants.
I am a follower.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Michelle H. said...

What a fun card!!
Love the paper you used and love your coloring!!

Aliya said...

I love your card! What a fun idea! Thanks for sharing and for the chance to win too!

Brenda Sue Gahn said...

Hi, Love the card, what an awesome idea. Thanks and have a great day

Jan Garber said...

How fun, a whole herd of elephants partying! Great project!

Cathy said...

what an adorable card, love the shape and the purples.
cathyplus5.blogspot.com

Amber S said...

Wow, that was a big card!

Ange said...

I LOVE that purple cake! I want one for my next birthday! :)

Ange said...

Purple is my favorite color.

Linda R. said...

Amazing card cake! Wow! Great job of coloring, too!

MadeByKarla said...

Love your project! and that image is so cool and versatile! what a fun hop!

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Love the shimmery looking purple paper!

safdar ali said...

This card is so pretty. So nice design. Have you work as a designer for any Plastic Cards Printing company?

Lillian Child said...

What beautiful paper! Love the pearlescent card stock and your coloring is fabulous! Thanks for sharing!

jordanbev5 said...

OK! You are making me itch to buy MORE markers after already investing over $100 in copics and a class. Haven't tried Spectrum Noir but your card is spectacular!!!

Tanya said...

Very cute!! Love it!

UnikeByYes said...

Wonderful card, and super lovely image! I am saving to get my Spectrum noir, maybe I get lucky and hit the CC's celebrarion jackpot right ? Fingers crossed LOL,
Have a lovely day!
Liz

Emily H said...

Oh my! So cute! I just love elephants!

Piali said...

Very cute shaped card!!!! Great job!

Bonnie said...

I love this card! Great idea to make a cake shaped card.

Debbie's World said...

A really nice birthday card.

Pam D said...

Nice thinking outside the box, great cake card, cute image and nice coloring, TFS!
New follower

city said...

thanks for sharing..