Thursday, August 16, 2012

Crafter's Companion new Paintbox Poppets Christmas collection

Hi everyone,

Today I get to show off a card I made with Crafter's Companion new Paintbox Poppets Christmas and Crafter's Companion Spray and Sparkle Glitter Varnish.  If you love glitter, but not the mess, this is the glitter spray for you.




Here's an example of a piece of paper I sprayed with the Silver Spray and Sparkle next to a regular sheet of patterned paper.  Quite a difference, isn't it?   It only takes a few minutes to dry and the glitter doesn't flake off like regular glitter.   This is a great way to quickly add sparkle to any kind of paper you have.


For my main image, I chose this gorgeous new Poppet Christmas stamp.  I just love the fun, vintage look.  I colored my stamp with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.



After I finished coloring my stamp, I sprayed it with the Silver Spray and Sparkle Glitter Varnish and took a picture of it under bright lights so you can really see all the sparkle. Doesn't it look like it's snowing?  


To complete my card, I layered some ribbon trim and paper under my stamped image and added some die cuts here and and there.   I got a little crazy with the glitter spray and sprayed the snowflakes too.  The die cuts were from Pink Paislee, while the iridescent ribbon and paper is from Websters.



I hope you've enjoyed my sneak peak from Paint-Box Poppets Christmas collection.  These will be available in the Crafter's Companion store next week; It's never too early to get a jump start on your holiday cards.  With all these wonderful holiday stamps, I am way ahead on mine :)

Also, the Crafter's Companion Challenge blog is giving away this fabulous new Sheena Douglass stamp this week.  You have until midnight tonight to enter.  


Have a wonderful day!

10 comments:

Trena in Naperville said...

Love this card Denise! Thanks for sharing a quick way to get a dynamic background!
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Cheryl said...

This is a wonderful card! You have really inspired me to get some of this spray! I love the sparkle that you were able to add to everything!

Stacy H-W said...

Beautiful!!

scrappingnomad said...

So pretty! I need to give that glitter spray a try!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super card! Great paper!

Sandy Ang said...

wow that's a lovely shimmer and gliter effect

Staci said...

Denise, it's gorgeous! Love the shimmery effect!

Angi said...

Gorgeous and super perfect for Christmas!

jordanbev5 said...

Way beautiful!

Sweet Fairy said...

This is so perfect. Beautifully designed with perfect colors. In the competition of designing the Plastic Card printing and designing company always win... this card inspire me so much.