Thursday, July 5, 2012

Party Time Drawer Card

Happy Thursday crafters!  Today is my first post for the Crafter's Companion USA blog and I decided to share my favorite type of card, a set of drawers with easel card.  This easy to make card is one of the many fabulous projects featured on the Ultimate Advanced Construction Techniques DVD and I used the Envelobox Creator to create both the card and the Envelobox which holds it.   Once I saw how easy to make it was, I started making them for all different occasions.  Friends and family are always so excited to receive too.  Maybe because it has a little treat inside ;)  I've found that it holds a gift card perfectly too.  




For the main image of my card, I used the new Humphrey Party Time stamp set.  I just love how versatile this cute little elephant is!  I colored him using Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and added Stickles to his hat and spots on his overalls. A clown has got to have a little bling.  The fun little banner was cut from the Cricut Birthday Bash cartridge, and I added a couple rhinestones to each flag.  The paper is Graphic 45's Le Cirque collection.  





To hold the Easel card up, I added a row of grey pearls to the top of the lower portion of the card.  I stamped the "Party Time" sentiment from the stamp set a few times as well.  I also hand cut a banner shaped image so I could included a personalized message.  A few more pearls on that completed the card.



One of the really cool parts of this project is that you can make a matching thick envelope to match your card.  This one is about an inch in depth and 6 1/4 x 6 1/4 in length.  You can see how I've put the card in it.



I hope you enjoyed this project and are inspired to create something fun and three-dimentional.   


I am entering this in the following challenges:



Anything goes challenge - Polka Dot with a Birthday theme
Papertake Weekly - Anything goes
Cards for Men - Cards for men
Crafty Bloggers Network - anything goes

I'll be back tomorrow with a new kind of card you will definitely want to try!


Have a wonderful day!

Denise

8 comments:

Suzie's Card Den said...

What an amazing card and envelope, just brilliant.
Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes Challenge, good luck and hope to see you again soon.
Hugs
Suzie xx

scrappingnomad said...

Such a cool project! Love the little "drawers".

Cheryl said...

All I can say is "WOW"!!! This is fabulous!!!

Nannieflash said...

Gorgeous card love your image and your papers. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxx

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous.Thanks for sharing with us at Anything Goes.xxx

Sarah (UKS Smelly) said...

Loverly project. Thanks for joining in with the CBN challenge. (Sarah CBN DT)

emma mitchell said...

Oh wow what a fab creation .
Thanks for sharing it with us at anything goes challenge.
Hugs Emma xx

Antonella said...

I haven't seen this card before!! It is fantastic, I can see how everyone would love to get this card just to find all the special hidden items!!
Hugs, Antonella :-)
P.S. I followed your link, and am also participating, at Cards For Men... check out my post here: http://quilling.blogspot.com/2012/07/fabulous-friday-share-memories-freebies.html