Thursday, July 12, 2012

For a Princess

Good morning crafters!  Today I am showing off a handbag I made for my girl.

I used my Envelobox Creator to make it.  The creator of Crafter's Companion has an amazing Video showing you step by step directions.  It is also a fabulous way to give a gift certificate or small gift to a friend.    Since Lara's favorite color is blue, I started with a bright blue glitter card stock from DCWV.  



To decorate the outside of the handbag.  I started with some plain brown card stock and painted them yellow.



Before the paint dried, I liberally sprinkled iridescent glitter over the pieces.  I pressed down on the glitter to make sure it would really stick to the painted chipboard.  (I am still finding glitter everywhere, lol). 

Next I colored my S.w.a.l.k. Belle of the Ball stamp with Spectrum Noir markers and cut out the image.  I applied Gold Stickles to her crown and Crystal Stickles to her gown.  Because the markers are alcohol based, the Stickles will not smudge your coloring at all. To adhere the little princess to the painted chipboard, I used a very tacky quick drying glue.  I then glued down all the chipboard to the handbag.  

Spectrum Noir Colors used:  hair: IG8, IG10; skin: EB1, EB2; dress: BT2, BT4; fan: BT4, BT5; crown: CT2, CT4; eyes: EB8; mouth: DR1


I added eyelets to the top of the handbag where the ribbon was threaded for extra durability.  It is for a four year old after all ;)  I also added small adhesive magnets to the inside of the bag and the flap for easy opening and closing.  Finally, I added a small epoxy sticker to the flap.


You can see here how super happy Lara was with the finished results.  She totes around all kinds of stuff in it now.  



Hope you have some fun things planned this weekend.  I am going to see Magic Mike with a girlfriend.  For the artistic value of the film, of course ;)


Denise





3 comments:

Stacy H-W said...

Artistic value....right....lol!! Tell me how the movie turns out. Keun wants to go see it and I told her I would...just to be a good friend....LMAO! :o

Love the cutie pie purse and I bet Lara does too!!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super cute! It looks like she loves it! We saw Brave... Super cute we all cried just a little LOL! I kept telling myself its only a cartoon!!

Angi said...

I know that Lara loved this adorable bag! So sweet!