Thursday, June 21, 2012

Smashbooking with the kids

Hey all,

It's been a crazy fun Summer so far.  We've been busy, busy. On Nick's last day of school, we literally picked him up and drove straight to Vegas so see our friends.  It was such a fun visit with lots of swimming, movies, and a trip to BounceU.  My friend Stacy and I also managed to hit a couple of scrapbook stores.  (Because we need anything, right?!)  This week the kids have been in camps (Cub Scouts for Nick) and a fun mostly outdoor one for Lara 2 x week.  She's got water play today and I dropped off a towel with her.  Should be fun to see what she thought of it.

We also been doing a class over at Big Picture Scrapbooking called Kidding Around 3.  It has been so much fun.  I knew I would like it for the kids, but I was pleasantly surprised at how much THEY like doing it.  Basically, there is a daily prompt (m-f) for the kids to do and write about.  Sometimes it's more involved like making something, sometimes it's as easy as listing their favorite things.  I think it's going to make for a AWESOME KEEPSAKE!  Here's a few of their first pages I thought I'd share.

Lara's book (blue Smash book)




Nick's book (green Smash book )





I figured I'd do one too, but I'm already behind with mine.  LOL.  Here's my cover.  I outlined the embossed pattern already on the Smash Book with Pen.  (You didn't think I actually drew that did you?)  Then I outlined it again with red, pink, purple, blue, and green Stickles.  



Hope your Summer is off to a great start too!

Denise

3 comments:

nicinthbu said...

Love that! I am sure Nick and Lara will enjoy that for years to come! You are one awesome Mama!!!!

Stacy H-W said...

They are all so cute!

Angi said...

Super adorable!