Friday, May 4, 2012

Happy Mother's Day Easel card with Drawers

With Mother's Day fast approaching, I decided to get to work on my Mother's Day cards.  The best part of making Mother's Day cards are that you can use floral paper and add lots of flowers to it :)



I started my card by making the set of drawers and Easel card base.  I used my Crafter's Companion  boxer board and Advanced Techniques DVD which has the step by step directions.  You can get both
For the background of my card, I pulled out a GCD 8x8 paper pad I have had in my stash, Melody Ross Homespun Chic.  I punched a border on both sides of a small piece of paper and wound a pretty yellowish/green and blue ribbon from my stash.  I cut out the large scalloped oval with my Grand Caliper and stamped Humphrey Me to You stamp Elephant and Happy Mother's Day sentiment.  I used my Spectrum Noir pens to color all of the image with the exception of her dress which I fussy cut out which paper from my stash.  Finally I added some Prima and Petaloo flowers.



I am entering my card in the following challenges:

Creative Inspirations Paint - Flowers
Hooked on craft challenges - Flowers
Simon says stamp and show - A Kaleidoscope of Color
Papertake weekly - Anything goes
Shopping our stash - Mother's Day or something girly
Deep Ocean challenge blog - Punches/Dies
Crafty creations challenges - Mother's Day
Little darlings challenges-Flowers
Creative card crew - Ribbon
Crazy Amigo Challenge - Mother's Day
Clear it out challenge - Mother's Day (use your stash)
LEJ Designs challenge blog - Anything goes
Incy wincy designs - Mother's Day/Girlie
Oldie but a goodie challenge - Die cuts and Punches (use your stash)
Inspire Me Fridays - Always anything goes
Creative Cutter Room.com - Mother's Day
Thanks for looking everyone and have a fabulous National Scrapbooking day tomorrow!

Denise

22 comments:

Staci said...

This is such a sweet card! You did a great job! Have a great NSD!

Danni said...

So sweet and pretty!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Oh my goodness this is so sweet!
Love the drawers and the paper pieced dress is so cute.
Thanks for popping in today, think of you often sweetie
Hope your doing well

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really stunning, I love the adorable image and the flowers are so pretty. Thank you for joining in with the LEJ Designs challenge blog
Lindsay xx

debbi taylor said...

great image the colours look great together - thank you for joining us with the challenge at LEJ design s this week
hugs
Debbi x

Angi said...

What a sweet design. Love the pearls and flowers.

Fluffles said...

Great card design - love the little drawers. Thanks for sharing it with us at an OBAG, Jx

Anita said...

This is as cute as can be. Thanks for joining the Creative Inspirations challenge.

Lisa Jane said...

whata cute elephant and fab project
Thanks for joining us at Oldie but a Goodie this week for our die cut and punches challenge
Good Luck
Lisa x

Auntie Em said...

Your easel card and boxes are so pretty. The little elephant is just precious. This is the perfect place to tuck away all those little keepsakes.

Thanks for sharing such lovely inspiration.

Lisa said...

WOW, this is amazing!! I love the drawers and the image is so adorable!! The flowers are fabulous :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Donelda said...

Cute! Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So cute! Great design, you should come over And enter this at the Ccr mothers day challenge! Deets are on my sidebar. Thanks for your sweet comment over at Karen's!

Cheryl said...

Oh this is just beautiful,love that image and the detail and colours are just perfection,bless you for playing at LEJ designs,this week too,hugs Cherylxxxxxxxx

Tonya said...

What a great design. Love all the flowers. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Cutter Room.

Tonya
CCR DT
ittybittyladybugs.blogspot.com

Terry said...

Hey there Thank you for sharing your fabby creation with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show,Really like your image. Hugs Terry xxxx

Rebecca Beattie said...

Oh my that is one hell of a card! I enjoyed having a look around your blog. I'm now following your blog :)

Thanks for the comment left on my blog as part of the The Scrapbook Kitchen NSD blog hop. It is much appreciated and I will be drawing the winner later today along with a pic of what the winner has won.

If you were looking for the follow me button (it seemed to have disappeared) I have re-added it so those that want to can keep up with what I am up to. I'm not a post every day person, but I do post regularly.

Thanks again for visiting my blog xxx

The Creative Mommy said...

SUPER SWEET easle card!!! LOVE that image!!

Thanks for joining us at CCR!

Crafty Hugs,
Jessica
www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com

Abbie721 said...

Beautiful card, love that cute ellie, fabulous colors, love all the flowers. Thank you for joining us at LEJ this week xx

Crystal said...

So pretty, love all those gorgeous flowers! Thanks for joining us this week over at SOS for our Mother's Day/Girly challenge :)

Janiel/ janny said...

oh what a fun, cute and beautiful card.
Thanks for playing along with us at Little Darlings.
hugs, Janiel

K8 4man said...

Such a Lovely, lovely card! I love the image! Thanks for playing along with us at the Clear It Out Challenge blog.