Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Hooked (on you)

I've got a fishing layout today.  Now, I know absolutely nothing about fishing, but Nicholas joined Cub Scouts about six months ago and has been wanting to earn belt loops; one of which is Fishing.  So off I went with the kids to a place called Troutdale where they fill a man made lake full of trout and you use corn or salmon eggs as bait.  This adventure cost $60 when it was all said and done as they charge an entrance fee and fee for each inch of fish you catch (no throw backs).  No we didn't eat the trout, too many bones and other fee for cleaning it).  But he did earn his belt loop, and I got a few fabulous pictures.  And the kids thought it was really, really fun.  Plus, I only screamed once when one of the fish wiggled his way off Lara's hook.   The family next to us probably didn't catch a thing when we left shortly after.


The paper and letter stickers are from W R Memory Keeper's Anthologie collection.  My bff Stacy gave them to me for my birthday.  I distressed the edges around the pictures and large yellow and green paper.  The fishing pole and fish were cut from the Simply Charmed (pole) and Child First Year (fish) Cricut Cartridges.  The acetate flourishes and red scalloped circle are from Little Yellow Bicycle and the I used my Grand Caliper for the scalloped die cut frame.


The fabulous rubber stamp of the frog fishing is called Tale of Mr. Jeremy Fisher and is from The Tales of Beatrix Potter collection.  The "All good things come to those who Bait..." is also part of the 9 piece stamp set.  After coloring him with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, I added the fish diecut to his line with a pop dot.  

I am entering my layout for the following challenges:
Let's capture these sketches - layout sketch challenge
Crafting for all Seasons - Anything but a card
Divas by design - anything but a card
Shopping our Stash - April showers/snow or anything water related
Simon says stamp and show - Anything goes
Pile it On - Pop it up

Have a great week!

Denise


16 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

It's a great layout and looks like fun though I'm sorry you had to pay $60. Trout is delicious too but I'm with you, would have a clue how to clean it!

Stacy H-W said...

You're back! I love this layout, you fish murderer!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Yippee! for earning the fishing loop! The lay-out and pics are awesome! Looks like a great time. I am loving that sentiment stamp!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

cebelica said...

Oh wow, this looks great!

Dwita said...

Great layout. Love the way you use the fishing rod on it combined with the word hooked. Thanks for joining us at CFAS #25. See you again..

Heleen said...

This is such a lovely card! I love it. Thanks for joining us at stamptacular sunday this week. I hope to see you soon again.
Hugs, Heleen

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Oh how fun is this? love how you added the stamp

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh! this is just TOO CUTE and TOO AWESOME! so very fun and fabulous... not to mention a brilliant example of SHOPPING YOUR STASH! ♥

Emma H said...

Hee hee, what a great layout - that sentiment is perfect! Thanks for playing along with Pile It On this week!

Anita said...

Such a fun layout! I love those colorful little fish dies cuts that were added. Thanks so much for joining us at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!

Terry said...

Thank you for sharing your fun layout with the DT from SSS and S. Hugs Terry xxxx

Lolô Artesanato said...

Great page!!!!
tks for playing along at Let's Capture These Sketches
xx
Leila

anazelia said...

love it. those pics are so cute.

Jani said...

fab LO!
Thanks for joining us at CFAS!
Jani x

Angi said...

This page is sooo adorable!

Lisa said...

What an awesome layout, Denise!! Those pictures are so adorable!! And I just love the sentiment!! :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts