Monday, February 20, 2012

Gather the Rose of Love

Good morning all!  It's been a while since I posted!  The kids have been sick for 2 weeks (and on breathing treatments along w/ me - of course I got it too).  I really hate Winter and all its germs.  Despite being sick, we had plans to visit friends in Vegas, so we packed up our nebulizer among every thing else and hit the road.  It was such an awesome mini vacation.  We stayed with my friend Stacy and her family and it was awesome.   Since Stacy and her hubby have 5 kids, my kids were in heaven playing all weekend long.

Stacy and I managed to get a little adult time too, leaving the kiddos w/ the men for a few hours.  We went to her local scrapbook store, Michaels, saw the latest Underworld movie, and had some awesome Mexican food (might have involved a margie or too ;).  It rocked.

While I was there I was able to scrap a few cards.  This was the first one I did, using my new favorite stamp Stamp It Discovery Collection EZMount Stamp Rose Clock.  I just love how romantic and adult it is.  I colored the image with my Spectrum Noir Alcohol pens from Crafter's Companion.  The yummy paper is the Funday Collection from My Minds Eye.  The red heart was originally boring chipboard that I chalked w/ red and then added red Stickles to.  Gotta have some sparkle right?  I also added a few red bling from the MME Funday collection as well.  The heart doily was given to me by Stacy while I was there.  Loved it!  I also used some Distress Ink around the white cardstock I had stamped my image on for a more aged look.  The layout was one I saw at Sketch Saturday.  As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to give it a go :)


Close up of the Stamp-It Rose Clock (Don't the clock hands seem to come off the page?)

I am entering my card in the following challenges :)

Sketch Saturday sketch challenge
Sentimental Sundays - Let’s get Sentimental
Lollipop crafts - Anything goes
Stamp and Create - Valentine’s/Love
That Craft Place Challenge blog - Love is all around
Crafty Calendar Challenge - Love and Marriage
CES Challenges - spots and dots
Fussy and Fancy challenge - polka dots

Thanks for looking everyone and have a fantastic day!

Denise

25 comments:

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Stacy told us you had a great time-how fun for you and the family.
This is one of my favorite stamps, just love what you made.
So glad you could share with us at
Creative Inspirations Paint

Michele Roos said...

This is such a gorgeous card. I love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

That Craft Place Ltd said...

Wow this is lovely, you are right about the hands! What a gorgeous stamp and thanks for joining us at That Craft Place challenge xxx
Lisa xx

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous!! I love that image! Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us!
Tammy x

Lisa said...

Oh wow, Denise, this is gorgeous!! That stamp is so fabulous!! And I love, love the My Mind's Eye paper!! And how beautiful is the heart doily!!

I'm glad you had a wonderful trip visiting your friends!! And I hope your family is feeling much, much better and the sickness is gone :)

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

Heather said...

Lovely card; stunning image. You showcased it beautifully.

Thank you for joining us this month for our LOVE challenge at
Freshly Brewed Challenges!

Hope to see you at our rubber stamp release hop on Saturday.

Heather D.
www.freshbreweddesigns.com

Carrie said...

This is beautiful!!! Thanks for playing at CES xxx

Angi said...

Gorgeous creation! Hope you guys feel better soon.

WencheP said...

Beautiful card, love the image. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up, hope to see you back next week.

-Wenche

Sarah Marie said...

LOVE it! New follower from the hop, I would LOOOVE a 'follow back" thanks in advance!

Sarah

http://sarahmarieyankee.blogspot.com

The Paper Princess said...

Denise, I'm so delighted to catch up with you! Following you on Linky Followers... come link up your favorite projects on my week-long blog hop, Inspire Me Monday, and join me for Friendship Fridays too! :-)

Ramona
http://create-with-joy.com

Its So Very Cheri said...

Making my visits from the Linky Follower party hop. It is so fun getting to know all of you.

If you want to link up any projects to my Sunday party it is open all week and goes up every Sunday.

Cheri from Its So Very Cheri

anazelia said...

Beautiful. Hope you all are feeling better

Jennifer said...

Visiting from the Linky Party Hop!! I hope you’ll visit – www.LaughterandGrace.com – and follow back.

mmbear said...

Came by and followed you on Linky from Create with Joy's blog hop. I would love a follow back when you get the chance. Thanks so much and have a great day!

Mary@http://www.mmbearcupoftea.com

nicoleqmullen said...

Beautiful card, I love the image and sentiment! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays!

* The Design Confidential said...

Following from Cheri's Linky Follower Party Hop! I'd love for you to follow me also at The Design Confidential - http://www.thedesignconfidential.com/

Sazzle said...

I'm loving the image Denise - thanks for showing us some love over at Fussy and Fancy and good luck with the challenge :-)

Hope you all feel much better now!

xx Happy crafting and glittery hugs xx

Sazzle

http://sazzlecraft.blogspot.com/

Lizy said...

This is so, so beautiful Denise! That stamp is just STUNNING! And you're so right...the clock hands really do look like they're real!
Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week!
Lizy DT x

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This card is so pretty! Sorry to hear you are all under the weather! I am so jealous! You two have too much fun!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

BarbaraW said...

Beautiful image. Love the layout and background. Thanks for sharing your art in the Creative Inspirations Paints blog challenge.

Archana said...

Wonderful card with such a lovely image. Sentiments are just perfect. Thanks for your take in sentimental sundays challenge this week.

Artyjen said...

Thanks for entering your gorgeous card at The Artistic Stamper this month ;)
Such a pretty card.
xoxo Sioux

Tameko said...

Wow, this card is amazing. I love the you used this stamp. Thanks for joining the Sentimental Sundays Challenge this week.

Beverley said...

Gorgeous card. I love the image. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calender.
Hugs
Bev x