Wednesday, February 1, 2012

CHA photos

Hey everyone,

I thought I'd like some CHA photos that I took on Monday.  It was huge!  But at the same time, there weren't near as many people as I expected.  It was, for the most part, a pretty quiet environment.   It's geared towards selling products to stores.  There were a few classes, but I didn't know I was going until the week before, so I was too late to sign up for any.  There were also some makes and takes.  Cricut had some amazing ones.  Here is the one I did at their booth.  The flower was huge!


I didn't realize that some booths do not allow pictures (for the first couple of hours I was clicking away happily w/ a bunch of other people w/ cell phones).   All my previous employment has been in government positions, so I wasn't too knowledgable about trade shows.  I found out the hard way when one angry booth owner started screaming at me for taking pictures.  It was awful.  Being a sheltered sahm for the last 10 yrs, it really shook me up.  So I have to say it ruined the trip.  I decided not to go back on Tues and spent the day with my family instead.  I think in the future I'll stick to conferences where I can go shopping and take classes.  Here are some pics where the booth owners where uber friendly and encouraged photographs.  I did not go back and ask the other booths, I just deleted the pics.  I was over taking pictures at that point.  So there are just a few.

Fancy Pants (They were so sweet!  Stacy I got a catalogue for you)




 Zva Creative (I wanted one of everything at their booth!)






 Tonic (tried their border punches and LOVED them! Gotta get me some of these. Super nice people.)

Tim Holtz (took this pic just for you Lisa!)


Crafter's Companion (Finally got to meet my friend Bindy who is the Crafter's Companion USA Customer Service Manager)





Also, January is over so here is the winner of my New Year's giveaway:
29 
Monique Leslie The Misfit Crafter said...
New follower.
You are now on my sidebar.
http://www.thismisfitcrafter.com
moniqueleslie at gmail dot com

Congratulations!  Thanks for entering Monique.  Please send me your full name and address by February 5th and I will get your prize out to you.  

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone :)

Denise



13 comments:

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Congrats to your winner.
Love that big flower you made.
How sad that someone was that rude about pictures.Sorry it ruined it for you.
Not everyone is like that. I attend the smaller show in Chicago and everyone is very kind.
I did see a sign on maybe one or two booths that asked you didn't photograph.
Thanks for sharing the ones you did.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super photos! Thanks for sharing! I dream of going one day!! Sorry you had a bad experience, one time I was working at a golf course and drove a golf cart across a green and some guy came running after me screaming and cursing! I started crying because I had no idea that I wasn't supposed to drive on the green! Some people are just mean! You should come out to AZ for the Creating Keepsakes convention in April it is super fun you can take loads of photos and you can buy everything! LOL! :)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacy H-W said...

Congrats to Monique!! She will love those cool CC goodies!!
Great photos from CHA. Sorry about that mean man!! Sucks that he ruined it for you. At least now you can say you've been to CHA.
Can't wait to get my catalog!! woo hoo! lol

james wilson said...

Wow beautiful blog, its really creative...

Property Facility Management

Luanne said...

congrats! to Monique

littlen said...

sorry your cha experience was ruined by one jerk. if they don't want pictures taken they should post a sign, not scream at someone who doesn't know about their silly rule. don't they realize what great free advertising all the pictures you guys post is for their products? maybe they should just stay home the next time.

Lisa said...

Oh Denise, I am sorry that your trip was ruined by some rude, mean person. That happened to me once...I was with a group touring the mansions in Newport, Rhode Island. Everyone was taking pictures and this person came running up and started yelling at me. I don't know why I was singled out when everyone was doing it. I was so mortified...it was at the beginning of the tour and I don't even remember anything else about that house because I was so embarrassed. If I hadn't paid, I would have fled as fast as I could. So I am truly sorry for your bad experience. I would have been snapping away with you...I would have had no idea. I've seen many blogs that post CHA pics, so I never would have dreamed you couldn't...it's a shame because the pictures you did take are so incredible!! THANK YOU for snapping Tim!! What an awesome shot...he could use that for promos!! If you don't care, I may post the pic on my blog with a link back to you...it is fabulous!! And I love, love the big Cricut flower you made!! :)

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

Monique Leslie The Misfit Crafter said...

OH my gosh I love cricuts new Big flowers. I love the one you made.
I hate rude people. Should have told them Hello I am doing you a favor by blogging your product...some people.
And oh my gosh it so took me a second to realize I WON!!! :o
Thank you so much.

angelique (anlou) said...

hiya sweetie
awesome photo's, i see a lot of yummie goodie's
thanks for the chance to win
and congrats to the lucky winner
hugs angelique

Auntie Em said...

Your Cricut flower is beautiful! That must have been fun.

What a sad way for someone to treat a customer at a trade show. If they didn't want pics taken they could at least ask politely. No excuses for her attitude!!!

I am glad at least you found some other nice folk who allowed you to share some pics.

I ran into a nasty blogger once when I just started blogging and it almost caused me to stop blogging and checking out other's blogs. I am so glad now that I didn't let one person's ugly personality ruin it for me!

Thanks for sharing! :) {hugs}

Copper Diem said...

Sorry for the bad experience! Sheesh, he didn't have to be so rude to you! -- Amy Taylor Freeland

Angi Barrs said...

Love the photos! I must try to go next year!