Saturday, January 21, 2012

Practical Scrappers Round 2 of the layout competition

Whoooooo Hooooo!!!  I made the cut for Round two over at Practical Scrappers!  I may have a goofy expression on my face all day :)))))  So stocked!  Round 2 is up and open for voting. I decided to make my layout for that with Lara's school picture for last year.   I hadn't had a chance to scrap it yet.  (Tell you how behind I am with their school albums, lol.)


I started by misting my PP background paper with blue, greens, and a light pink.  The middle paper looks like it's misted by it is just a pattern.  A added some pretty lace ribbon along its edges.  The hot air balloon pattern is from G45 and the scalloped circular from is from Pink Paislee.  I added some flower rhinestones for a little bling and the green translucent flower on it is from Petaloo.    I added green patterned rub-ons on the horizontal blue paper (so hard to see in the photo) and framed the card with the globe on it using an overlay.   A little green lace ribbon is along the bottom.  Lara's pic is matted with Bobunny's Double Dot cardstock. My favorite part is of course all the flowers (Prima and Pink Paislee) and the fun chipboard in the upper right.  The patterned button with twine is from Websters.  The cloud came in my Artdelightful monthly kit, so I'm not sure who makes those, and the pink bloomer ribbon was given to me by a friend, so not sure about those either.   Whooo, that's a lot of stuff, lol!

There are 28 of us in the 2nd round and you can vote for 5 people this time around.  If you like my layout, would you mind heading over there to vote?   I'd really appreciate it!  http://www.practicalscrappers.com/2012/01/second-round-of-layout-contest.html

Challenges I am entering my layout in:

Simon says stamp and show - Anything but a card
Unstampabelle challenges - anything goes
Lil' red wagon - use 2 ribbons
Bild malarna challenge - flowers in quantity
Cupcake craft room - anything goes
My time to craft challenge - favorite embellishment
Papertake weekly - Buttons, bows, bling & blooms
Thank you so much everyone :)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Denise

20 comments:

Angi said...

Yay Denise. This page is gorgeous. I'm headed over to vote again. Good luck!!!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

I just voted for your beautiful lay-out! Good Luck Girl! It's a winner!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

anazelia said...

I voted. Good luck.

Carolina said...

Wow, it is fabulous! I'm sure you'll get lots of votes!

craftymum said...

A gorgeous layout and what a beautiful smile on the little girl
Thank you for joining us at Hotshot Crafts.

hugs Sarah

feel free to enter as many time as s you like

Lisa said...

Oh wow, Denise, this is GORGEOUS!! I love love the design and the flowers are fabulous!! And what an adorable picture!! I just clicked over and voted for you!! GOOD LUCK!! :)

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

Susan Hogan said...

Pretty page for a pretty girl. This just makes me want to go back to scrapbooking! I am years behind!

Nancy Wethington said...

What a cute photo and adorable little girl. Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

ahlers5 said...

Wonderful scrapbook page ! Thanks so much for joining us this week at My Time to Craft.

StephC said...

How lovely! I love the colors and layers. So glad you joined us at the Creative Belli challenge!

Merry said...

Such a pretty page...and I love the photo of your daughter. What beautiful embellishments you have used. Thanks so much for joining us at Unstampabelles.

CraftyGirl said...

Congrats! This LO is gorgeous and your little girl is just darling!! I love all the details on this one!

barb :)

madebyKarla said...

Super cute! had to go and vote!
You really put that flower trim to good use! Good Luck with the 2nd round!

Linda Elbourne said...

A beautiful use of those photos ... Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show ... we hope to see you again soon.

Monica said...

What a precious picture that is and what a pretty layout with all those lovely additions. Thanks for joining us at UnstampaBelles this week.

Anonymous said...

This is precisely the important information I'd been searching for. Incredible blog. Very inspirational! Your posts are so good and also detailed. The links you come with are also very beneficial as well. Many thanks :)

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Such a lovely layout and what an adorable picture!! Thanks for sharing over at Unstampabelles!

Pami said...

What a gorgeous photo Denise, I love the layout, all the flowers are fabulous. Thanks for sharing with us at Cupcake Craftroom this month, hope to see you again soon. Pami x

Paige said...

gorgeous scrapbook page! Thank you for joining us at Creative Belli!

Anne said...

Fabulous LO. Thanks for popping into the Cupcake Craftroom and sharing it with us. Hugs x