Saturday, January 28, 2012

Dream layout (Practical Scrappers layout challenge round 4)


So somehow I made it to the third round of the Practical Scrappers layout challenge.  I cannot tell you incredibly cool I think that is.  If I don't get any further, it's not going to put a dent in my happiness in the slightest.  I feel like I already won, being in the top 15.  Thank you so much to all my friends who voted for my layouts and encouraged me :)  You rock!!!

Okay, that's enough mushiness, here's my layout for Round 3.  We had to use one of three pictures for inspiration and I choose overlapping squares in one picture and the colors in another picture.  We also needed to use up some of our stash by choosing at least 4 embellishments from a list.  I think the best part of my layout though is the awesome smile by Lara as she holds up the fireman's hose in one of the pics.  Such joy in her expression!





I made the frames from cardstock using my trimmer and then added strips of ribbon that I've had forever.  I used ribbon with circles or polka dots to offset all the right angles of the squares.  I also used mostly circular chipboard flowers as well, threading them from random twine or thread I had.  The flowers with glitter were bare and from Scenic Route (you know those are old!).  I painted them and then sprinkled glitter over them.  I layered them and added a button for more texture and dimension.  The banner is from October Afternoon.  It's hard to see in the picture, but I added a row of square clear rhinestones along the top (to tie in with the squares in the layout), added a bow on either end, and the letters "DREAM" are glittered red.  The brad in the button at the top was made from my I-top.  The quote that I printed out on acetate says, "If you can dream it, you can do it. - Walt Disney".

Hope you are enjoying your weekend.  If you like my layout and want to vote for it or are interesting in checking out Practical Scrappers, the link is http://www.practicalscrappers.com/2012/01/3rd-round-layout-contest-vote-here.html.  

I am entering my layout in the following challenges.  I am going to turn my comment moderation off when I publish this, but I have been having a TON of spammers posting on my blog, so I may have to turn it back on if I get inundated again with them.  Sorry :( 

Crazy 4 challenges - layer it on
Do you stack up? - ribbons
Moving along with the times - blooming Marvellous
Crafts 4 eternity challenge - Clean and Simple
Heartsong inspirations - red & white and/or Ribbon
Hooked on craft challenges - something bright
Incy wincy designs - anything but a card
Unstampabelles challenges - Anything goes (no stamps)
The Order of the Opus Gluei - Take a picture, it lasts longer

Have a wonderful rest of the weekend!

Denise

31 comments:

Angi said...

I voted. Love this adorable page & the frames. Lara is sooo cute. :)

Stacy H-W said...

Congrats girlie!! Already voted for you!

Jana said...

Congrats. This is a great layout. I love that smile. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Opus Gluei.

Dawn's Craft Place said...

These pictures are priceless!
She is such a cutie...
Just went and voted again, how spectacular would it be to win?

Chat Noir said...

This is such a happy page - everything bright and full of fun. When the firemen come to my school with their Big Red Truck, its all the kids talk about for days and days. You a-l-m-o-s-t make me want to scrap a page because this looks so lovely.

Cindy Gay said...

I like the pictures of your little girl!

Rosemary said...

This is an adorable layout and captures the fun and joy of children - love that smile as well!

Thank you for participating with your layouts for this challenge at Opus Gluei, they are fun and inspirational!

LeighAnnH said...

Great layout! Voted and know you'll move on! Very inspiring...

WencheP said...

This is fabulous, just love how you have used the ribbons. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

downrightcrafty said...

a gorgeous creation and lovely use of the ribbon, thank you so much for sharing your lovely work with us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx
ps I have candy if you are interested :)

Rose Petal said...

Hi. Lovely layout, lots of lovely colours and detail. Cute flowers too.
Thank you for joining us at MAWTT and good luck.
Love Sandra xx

Merry said...

Your page is so beautiful....really like how you created the frames and yes, Lara's smile is just adorable. Congrats on being in the top 15.
Thanks for sharing this wonderful creation with us at Unstampabelles.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

This is so sweet, love the pictures, the bright colours & the layout is fab!

Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

craftymum said...

A gorgeous layout, Thank you for joining us at HSC again
Hugs Sarah
p.s. I have blog candy for old and new followers on my blog

pinky said...

I love it! Thanks for joining us at C4E.
Pinky

tt.scraps said...

Great project!!!
Thanks for joining us on SSDS!
Tammy, SSDS DT

Shelby said...

Great layout! Love how you've used the frames and gorgeous family. Thanks for joining us at MMCS

Shelby

Monica said...

Congrats for making it to top 15... and your layout is so pretty. Your daughter is so cute.

Thanks for joining us at Unstampabelles.

Monica

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

I voted for you! Great lay-out! The pics are super sweet! Nice to hit all those challenges!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Kristen said...

Great photos, delightful layout. I love all the bright, cheery colors! Great job, thank you for joining in at the Order of the Opus Gluei!

Diane's Card Designs said...

Gorgeous project. Love all the frames and the bunting looks fantastic. Thanks for joining us at MMCS Challenge this week.
Diane xx

Jackie Thomas said...

such a fun layout and Lara is absolutely gorgeous. thank you for sharing and joining us at HOC.
Hugs Jackie

Pauline said...

A gorgeous layout, love all those frames, and what cute pics too!
Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!

Karita said...

Beautiful LO! :)

Thank you for joining at Deep Ocean Challenge :)

Hugs,
Karita

Lisa said...

Congratulations!!! Yay, I'm so happy for you making the next round, Denise!! This layout is absolutely fabulous!! I love the design and the pictures are priceless!! Gorgeous layout!! GOOD LUCK!! I just voted for you...it was by far my favorite of the fifteen :)

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Such cute pictures and I love those frames and that banner!! Thanks for sharing with us over at Unstampabelles!!

And congrats on making it to the third round!! :)

Linny said...

Fabulous LA. thank you for joining in at Secret Crafter Saturday challenge. Linda x

michele said...

Fabulous LO! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Helen said...

A wonderful layout!
Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

Janiel/ janny said...

What a very cute LO...

hank you for joining us for our polka dot challenge at LD.
hugs....

Guylaine said...

absolutely beautiful! Great work on these frames
Thanks for playing with us at Fussy and Fancy Fridays for our Polkat Dots Challenge