Thursday, December 1, 2011

Sparkle challenge at the Crafter's Companion USA blog

Good morning everyone!  There is a new challenge over at the Crafter's Companion USA challenge blog.  This month's challenge is "sparkle".  Isn't that perfect for December?  Seems like everywhere I look there is glitter and sparkly lights and ornaments.  Thinking of that made me decide to make a sparkling Christmas tree card.


The Tree stamp is Sheena Douglass' Paint Fusion Christmas Tree stamps.  Though these stamps are to use as a guide when painting, I love stamping them and coloring them.  I love that the stamps are all nice and big.  This one in particular I keep reaching for.  I love Christmas trees :)  

I colored my Tree with my new Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and then cut it out.  Next I painted the tree with Chandelier Glimmer Glam.  The Glimmer Glam doesn't smear alcohol markers.  Then I pulled out my Irock and adhered glam rocks to the tree.   The glam rocks look more like ornaments than the rhinestones do.  The paper is from Websters and the string of lights stickers across the top is from Echo Park's new Holly Jolly Christmas line, but the sentiment sticker was from October Afternoon's Very Merry collection.

I'm entering my card in the following challenges:


Simon Says Stamp challenge - anything goes
Fab n Funky Challenges - anything goes
Craft your passion challenge - 'Tis the season
Creatalicious challenges - Christmas that sparkles
Paper Issues - Holiday Madness
Aud Sentiments challenge blog - any Winter holiday sentiments
Card Makin Mamas - Sentiments
The Paper Shelter - anything goes

Have a great day!

Denise

11 comments:

Judy said...

Your card is so beautiful!

Kelly Massman said...

really pretty!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So pretty! Love all the sparkle!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Cathy Lee said...

Lovely card, Denise. Love the red ornaments on your tree and the background papers. Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion 'Tis the Season Challenge this week.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous card love your image and your papers. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Doreen said...

Such a lovely card,love the tree.Thanks for sharing with us at Craft your Passion this week.xxx

Pat said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing at FnF this week. Hope to see you again after the Christmas break.

Pat xx

Frances said...

Wonderful card, love your design!!Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Shelter, hugs, Frances.

Violets Corner said...

Fab Christmas sparkle Denise, love the tree, thanks for sharing with Creatalicious.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Lisa said...

WOW, Denise, this is so gorgeous!! I absolutely love that tree...it just pops off the page! And the sparkle is fabulous! Love, love, love it!! :)

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

Julie said...

That tree is so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
Hugs,
Julie