Monday, December 26, 2011

Shop 'til you Drop


Good morning crafters!  Hope everyone that celebrates Christmas, had a wonderful day filled with family and food!  Since today is traditionally a busy shopping day, I thought I'd share the Shop 'til you Drop S.w.a.l.k. card.


To make this quick present card base, I used the card feature on the Hello Kitty Cricut Cartridge.  

I colored my image with the new Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  These rich, beautiful colors are from Crafter's Companion Spectrum Noir markers.  The markers have a fine nib on one side of the marker and a broad chisel point on the other.  The fine nib make coloring in small areas easy.  My favorite part of these markers though are the ability to blend colors together.  You can see on her face where the pink of her cheeks blends into the lighter pink of her face.  I used a little darker of a pink directly under hair as well, creating a very subtle shadow effect.  



This is my last project for Crafter's Companion.  I've decided to step down as the Design Team Coordinator of their two fabulous blogs in order to focus more of my time with my family.  As their company starting growing and expanding with all its' successful launches, the position became too time intensive and was cutting into family fun.  I am looking forward to following them now as a shopper :)  They have some fabulous new stamp collections coming out this year!

Challenges I am entering with my Shop 'til you drop card:


4 Crafty Chicks - anything but a rectangle or square
Stampin for the Weekend - anything goes
The secret crafter saturday challenge - anything goes
Christmas cards all year round - anything goes
Paper Playtime - Say it with Sentiments and anything goes
Papertake weekly - Last Christmas card of the year
sttampin Royalty - Winter/Christmas


Have a wonderful day!  Especially to those of you who are out there fightling the crowds for the deals :)


Denise

13 comments:

Staci said...

Too cute! I love it!

sandee said...

Your card is precious and great color techniques!

Jackie said...

Cutie, cutie, <3 it!

Sharon said...

This is just adorable! Love the coloring and the card shape. Thank you for playing with us at Paper Playtime!!!! :)

Katina said...

Fabulous card Denise - I adore the S.W.A.L.K images and this one is perfect with the present shaped card. Love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Papertake Weekly this week.
:0)

Stacy H-W said...

I'm so sad you are stepping down from Crafters Companion! You will be missed terribly. But I do understand you need to spend more time enjoying your family. I love this card! That Shop Til You Drop stamp is wonderful! Xoxo

Tamie said...

This present card is awesome!! Thank you so much for sharing your amazing creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

madebyKarla said...

Great card! Did u get any deals?

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Thanks for joining our "Anything Goes" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

downrightcrafty said...

Merry Xmas this is gorgeous thank you for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge at this special time of the year
Kate Hugs xx

Gunn (Merete) said...

A really fun card. Thanks for joining us at SFTW.

Andie's Space said...

Hi Denise.
This is so striking & original. The image is so sweet & the present background is fab. Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter's Saturday Challenge.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Sonia said...

A sweet card thank you for taking part in this weeks 'Secret Crafters Saturday Challenge'
Hugs Sonia xx