Friday, December 9, 2011

Crafter's Companion USA Christmas Blog Hop

Welcome to the Crafter's Companion USA Christmas blog hop!  


If you are coming from Amy's blog, you are in the right place.  If not, make sure you head over to Crafter’s Companion USA over here, where the blog hop starts.  We are giving away a prize on every blog, including the entire set of our new Spectrum Noir alcohol markers to one lucky winner who posts a comment on every blog. These markers are so new, that you will be receiving our first prototype of them.  That's 72 markers!


Spectrum Noir pens are alcohol ink based which have been designed specifically for crafters, but these affordable markers are also great for beginners, students and hobby artists alike.  Each pen is double-ended, with a broad chisel nib for large area fills and a fine bullet tip for detailed work.  Spectrum Noir marker pens will soon be available in 168 colour shades including a colourless blender.  The colours blend seamlessly and can be mixed or layered over each other.  These fast drying, alcohol based markers are acid-free and non-toxic, and the coloured ends of the pen allow for easy colour identification.  The image colour has been reproduced as accurately as possible.


For today's blog hop project, I made an altered paper mache gift box to share with you.  

I started my project by painting the outside of a paper mache circular box and lid with red paint.  I avoided painting the middle parts of the base where paper would be covering it.  Next, I took some leftover paper I had and wound two strips around the base of the box.


For the lid, I cut out an oval in my patterned paper and adhered it to the box top.  I then wound two pieces of red ribbon over the top and adhered them inside the box top with quick drying tacky glue.  I also added a few flowers and rhinestones along the ribbon.



My Humphrey the Elephant Feed-the-Birds stamped image was colored with my Spectrum Noir markers (same ones we are giving away).  I love how the colors can be blended together.  To create the snow, I covered the bottom area with glossy accents and the sprinkled glitter all over it.  For the smaller areas around the birdhouse, I used Stickles.  




I hope you were inspired by my project today and try your hand at creating your own beautiful gift boxes.  I am giving away a Humphrey the Elephant Feed-the-Birds stamp set to one lucky random commenter.  Please leave a comment before Sunday, December 11th at midnight for your chance to win.  All the winners' names will be posted at Crafter's Companion USA News blog on Tueday December 13th.  (Must be a U.S. resident to win).




Your next stop is the talented Khristen of Khristen's Craft room.  


Thank you for stopping by! 


Denise

49 comments:

rosenrobrt said...

Love the Lid and Humphrey...Very Cute.

(joined)

Dawnll - Dawn's Craft Place said...

This is so adorable! Love this image and your project

pupton said...

Great tutorial for the box! It is beautiful! And I love Humphrey! Everyone should feed the birds!

Pat said...

Gorgeous box, Denise! I love ALL the Humphrey images, and you used Feed the Birds very well. So what's going in the box? LOL

Brenda said...

This is something that would be great for my granddaughter. She would be able to keep all of her Christmas cards from Grammy to treasure for always.

Edie C said...

Your box cover turned out so cute,I want to try it out. Lov Humphrey feeding the birds, he could make me a few nice cards, hint hint, lol.EC

Jacilynn said...

this is adorable! great project Denise. So fun to see all these great projects on the hop!
x

Molossus said...

What an awesome idea!

Stacy H-W said...

Totally gorgeous girl!! Someone is going to be very lucky to get this!!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Hey girl! This is so sweet! Love the scene and the great snow!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

connie said...

Beautiful box!

Cindy said...

So cute!! Great idea.

Cindy
crdhins@ymail.com

Amber S said...

Wow, this is a great box.

dmbennett said...

Beautiful box. Love this Humphrey image. Wish I was the one to get this awesome box... LOL

Cheryl said...

Humphrey is so cute! Love your altered project!

Donna said...

So cute. What a great project. Lots of inspiration on the hop!

patricia said...

loved your box project and humphrey.
grier59@hotmail.com

Holley said...

Such a cute stamp set! I love it.

Adeline E. Brill said...

This little guy is the cutest elephant ever!

GrandmaTo5 said...

Love the Humphrey stamps. Would love to win this one.

Michelle said...

Fantastic box! Your coloring is gorgeous, and I love that sparkly snow!

JinkyK said...

Love your paper mache box, Denise! Great job on the coloring!

Kathy said...

What a great project, the snow looks so real.Awesome job!!

scrappin_in_AK said...

love that image and your gift box

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

how ingenious!! love your giftbox!

Khristen said...

My goodness, that box is gorgeous! Love the pretty ribbon and flowers, and the image is adorable :)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. Love the Humphreys.

Vidette said...

What a way to change a box. Really great. That Humprey is simply adorable.

Lisette Morris said...

One of my fav Humphreys! Great box, Love it!

Trena in Naperville said...

I was inspired Denise. What a cute project! I dig the snow!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Amy's Designs said...

Great project. Love the snow.

Betsy said...

That would make such a cute Christmas gift box! I love it!
Thanks for the chance to win!!

Daly said...

I really like the Lala's stamps. Very cute card!

Ann Kranitz said...

love all your fun blinged out snow

Priscilla said...

What a wonderful gift box. Love Humphrey feeding the birds image, so cute. The glitter snow is a gorgeous bling look. Great project.

Just Jackie said...

The colors really blend so well.

Steph said...

Wonderful project, love all the sparkley snow.

Linda W. said...

One has to love the Humphrey line - they are all so much fun to color. Wow, the new markers are here. I was so hoping to get a DT invite and try the markers - now I hope to win them!

Bonnie said...

Love the idea of creating a gift box & this one is beautiful

Scraps2treasure said...

Great project - was wondering how you made the snow sparkly - have to try that myself lol. TFS new follower

Pendra said...

Amazing project, thanks for sharing your tip about the snow! And thanks for the chance at a sweet stamp set! Hopping away!
Crafty Hugs,
Pendra
pendrasplace.blogspot.com

Kelly Massman said...

that's my favorite humphrey stamp! such a great job you did with it, too!

chrisd said...

That is a great project you created and that "Humphrey feeding the birds" image is adorable!The image are all great and those markers are going to be very popular when they debut!

LaJanette said...

Oh what a great box! I am loving the sparkly snow and that image is so sweet.

Hugs;
Janette

Laura B said...

what a great idea ! beautiful box

JaniceA said...

I am loving all the Humphrey the Elephant images. Great box!
janiceaeschliman.blogspot.com

~mindi~ said...

I would love to have that stamp set! It is precious! I like the way you sparkled the snow! hopping on...
http://scrapchat-n-coffeetalk.blogspot.com/

Jenn Zeeb said...

Thanks for the heads up on the HOP, its be fab so far. Your card is great and I love the oval.

Hugs
Jenn Zeeb

LouAnn said...

Very cute idea.