Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Soar

Hey Everyone, today I have a fun layout using a photo taken at Knotts Berry Farm.  I love buying those photos that are taken while you are on rides.  They always crack me up because everyone's expression is so candid and funny; especially when you are going down a ride.  


I used a frame from my Sentamentals cricut cartridge to frame the picture.  The swirls were brown chipboard that I painted purple and then covered in purple glitter.  I'm very sparkly today as a result ;)  All the flowers are from Prima. The paper is from Quick Quotes, as is the vellum sentiment.  I added rub-on stitching around it.


I am entering my layout in the following challenges:
Once Upon a Sketch - sketch challenge
Creative Inspirations - lashings of sparkle
Shopping our Stash - Stickers, rub-ons, or chipboard
Lil Red Wagon - Monsters or purple (or purple monsters)
Frosted Designs - Family
Crazy Amigo Challenge - Swirls

Also, we are having a week of sneak peaks of our soon to be released Humphrey the Elephant Christmas collection over at Crafter's Companion USA News blog.   These stamps are sooo cute.  You will definitely want to check them out.

Have a wonderful day :)

Denise

22 comments:

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Yay...I love Knotts Berry Farm. Love the framed photo and the beautiful flowers. :)

Stacy H-W said...

This is a wonderful layout Denise!! You know I love the colors you used!! (hello I love purple! ha) You know I love the sparkle! (hello I'm addicted to Stickles!! lol) Fun photos too!! Rocked it!

Stacy H-W said...

I meant to type photo -singular....

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So a fun lay-out! I love these photos too! We have a bunch from the water-parks over the years. I always have the most terrified look on my face and in one I'm actually crying so I would never scrap them LOL!!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Andrea Fogleman said...

Love the layout! Thanks so much for joining us for a challenge over at Frosted Designs.

Cindy Gay said...

Very pretty background Denise!

Roberta: Mother of 3 said...

What a great photo! I love those amusement park rides and photos! Those are some great family memories! I hope you'll join us again at Frosted Designs!

phamil said...

LOVE the purple! And what a great page! Thank you so much for joining us at OUAS!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, what a gorgeous layout! The colors are so pretty and I love the background and embellishments you used! The picture is so awesome!! Love this :D

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

This is a fantastic layout, you have done really really well on this.

Nice work

Thank you for joining us at Frosted Designs. I hope that you enjoyed the challenge

Amanda

kathy said...

Great layout. Love the colors. Cute picture.

Femmy said...

fabulous page!!

Anita said...

Beautiful!!!!!

Danni said...

Very nice! Thank you for playing along with Shopping Our Stash!

mahlin said...

oh such pretty purples.. Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS!

Irma said...

so pretty!
Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS!

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Amazing work. LOVE it. Thanks for playing along with us.

Gerry van Gent said...

What a gorgeous layout!
Thank you for playing along at OUAS! ~Gerry~

Vicky Varvadouka said...

I love the face of your dd in that photo!lol! How precious!Thanks for sharing your work with us at OUAS!

sandi said...

Wow this is so beautiful! Love the colors and your lovely mix! Tks. for playing along with us at OUAS!

Pamela said...

This is fantastic!! Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS! :)

alicaz said...

wonderful! Love the colors and the swirls too!
Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Hugs, Alica ;)