Sunday, November 13, 2011

Meeting Santa


Hey everyone,

Today I get to show my very favorite stamp of the new Humphrey Christmas CollectionMeeting Santa.  I think the best part of Christmas is watching my kids tell Santa what they'd like for Christmas, talking about Santa on Christmas eve, and watching their excitement on Christmas morning as they see the presents under the tree.  Though my son is nine already, he still believes Santa comes to our house!  After telling him that Santa only comes to houses where kids believe in him, he doesn't dare not to!  Happily I'll have a lot more years left of Santa Claus fun, as my daughter is only four.



 I colored this precious image with Copic markers.  To create the snow, I covered the area at the bottom of the stamp with Glossy Accents and then poured white irredescent glitter all over the glue.  For the smaller snowflakes falling around Santa, I used a tiny dab of Crystal Stickles.  For Santa's outfit, I applied white liquid applique and let it dry.  Once liquid applique dries, you can heat the area with your heating tool and the applique will puff up and create a unique three dimensional effect.  


I created the box using the The Ultimate Tool and The Boxer board in just a couple minutes and decorated the rest of the box with Echo Park's new Collection Holly Jolly Christmas paper and stickers, a little sparkling ribbon, and a flower by Prima.  Making gift boxes with the Boxer board is so quick and easy, but the really wonderful thing about making gift boxes is the reaction that I get from the people who receive them.  A handmade gift or decoration is always so appreciated.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.  I managed to see 2 movies!  I took Nick to see Puss in Boots 3D and saw Tower Heist with one of my best friends.  I was surprised that Tower Heist wasn't actually that funny.  I expected it to be more of a comedy with a cast like Eddie Murphy and Ben Stiller.  Not that I didn't enjoy it, it just wasn't what I expected.  Puss in Boots was really cute and I definitely recommend seeing it.  The weather was so incredible here on Sunday.  Nick went to a friend's house, so Chris, Lara and I drove to Ventura Harbor and ate fresh fish and chips and scallops.  It was awesome sitting outside and watching all the boats while we ate.  We had to take off our sweatshirts it was so sunny and warm.  We also stopped in Oxnard at one of the farms along the road and bought some fresh strawberries.  They were sooo yummy!

I'll be sticking close to home today.  I'm crossing my fingers that the company fixing our heater will can and fix the darn thing.  After coming by last Friday, it turns out he misdiagnosed the problem so we are still without heat.  Thank goodness we don't live where it's snowing!  

Have a fabulous day!

Denise

4 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

cute card, and good luck with the heat. we've been there in snow and without air conditioning when it was hot; no fun!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

SO cute! Love the fun details on this! Two movies! We were on a movie roll but haven't gone in months! We want to see Puss N Boots so that one is on our list!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Marlene said...

LOVE the glittery snow you created! What a cute card, Denise. Good luck with the heater. What a pain in the butt those things can be when they pop up, huh?

Stacy H-W said...

Gorgeous box! Hope you get heat soon. I hear they sell space heaters at a very low cost....lol