Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Crafter's Companion November Holiday challenge

Hi everyone,

Did everyone have a great Halloween?  I know I did!  All that candy to pilfer while the kids are at school!!!  Chocolate and coffee anyone?  It's the breakfast of champions :)

It's November 1st and that means a brand new challenge over at Crafter's Companion USA challenge blog.  This month our challenge is to use a Crafter's Companion and make a project celebrating a holiday. It can be any holiday, not just Christmas.  But since Christmas is around the corner, I used the opportunity to get a Christmas card done.


I absolutely adore this Popcorn the Bear Stamp, Just for you. It was one of the first stamp sets I saw at Crafter's Companion and I had to buy it.  I love the sweet image and the main stamp in the set is huge! I stamp it in Momento Black Tuxedo Ink and colored it with Copic Markers.

To make the puffed up Santa hats I used a "Snow Marker Paper and Fabric Embellishing pen" from Marvy.  I think they just repackaged the regular Marvy's liquid applique and called it this to sell more during the holidays.  Basically you paint with the pen and once it dried, heat up the paint with your heat gun and it will puff up the paint.  The more you put on, the puffier it gets.  It's actually really cool.

For the snow, I covered the area with Ranger's Glossy Accents and then sprinkled Joann's Craft Essential Crystal diamond glitter.



I hope you'll join us for our Holiday challenge.  One lucky random winner will get all six of the latest Humphrey the Elephant stamp sets.   These stamps are adorable and perfect for all kinds of occasions.


Have a great day!

Denise

3 comments:

Stacy H-W said...

Gorgeous card Lala! That puff stuff is cool and really looks great on the card.

DIANA L. said...

Super cute.

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Awww this is so super sweet. I love Teddy Bears. And so glad you got your box in the mail. Can't wait to see what you make with it. :)