Thursday, October 27, 2011

Train ride

I made a double page layout today.  I don't make two many two pagers, but when I do it's usually because  I see one I really like at Let's Scrap.  I just got back the pictures I took of our train ride to L.A.'s Chinatown and decided to scrap them.



I used my expression for the die cuts.  The train and the train signal was from Everyday Paper Dolls.  I love how many images there are on that cartridge.  I choose the tree from the Pagoda cartridge since it t had an Asian look to it.

The paper is from DCWV.  I'm not sure which paper pads though.  I've had them a while and the covers usually come off and get thrown out.  The butterflies are from K&Company and are stickers.  

This week has just flown by again.  Lara and I have been sick again and she's on breathing treatments.  I miss Summer and the lack of germs!  LOL.  Nick had his overnight party w/ three friends.  Can you say LOUD?  With all the wrestling and running nothing got broken and no one got hurt, so I'd judge it a success.  

I thought I'd share a photo of Lara with her new nemesis:


The witch starts talking and cackling when anyone walks by.  Lara was terrified of her.  She's been turned off, but before she was Lara would literally either hug the opposite wall to get by or crawl by on her hands and knees like a soldier.  It was hilarious!!!  Now that the witch is off, Lara enjoys smacking her when she passes her :)

Have a great weekend!

Denise

7 comments:

Marlene said...

Your layout is great, Denise....I love two page layouts. They just look so complete. :)

That's a hilarious story about Lara and the witch. I love her smile, too, by the way!

Cindy Gay said...

She's the sweetest and I love the layout.

Stacy H-W said...

This layout turned out awesome! I love the tree and the train.

Poor Lara! Being terrorized by that witch. Cute photo though. Ha

Lisa said...

What an awesome layout!! I love all of the design elements you added and the pictures are so fabulous! And the picture with Lara and the witch is so absolutely adorable! Her smile is priceless :)

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

Great layout! I like the cute cuts and ric rac ribbon. Lara is adorable:) TFS! Also thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super fun lay-out! Love the ric rac and the super fun train! Hilarious story about Lara sneaking past the spooky witch, I can totally see that!

My Tags bags boxes and more came loaded on my Gypsy when I bought it... No book provided. Someone gave me the link to download the booklet, it is now on my list of things to do!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Wow...this is a super fun 2 pager. Lara is so adorable. :)