Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Steampunk Debutante

Just a quick card for today.  This week went by in another blur.  I have had an awful migraine the last few days but today I feel human again.  Hurray!  Good thing too because my son's 9th birthday is this weekend and he is having a few friends spend the night so I have a list of things to do.  I went and ordered his cake today (Transformers is his theme) and bought 5 big bags of candy.  I am going to have a candy bar for the kids.  I got M&Ms, Skittles, Starburst (did you know they have a bag with only the red and pink ones in it?  Yeah, that's the one I bought!), Sour Patch Kids, and 3 Musketeers.  I made sure to buy stuff I liked too, just in case they need a little help eating it ;)  Yes, there will lots of wired kids bouncing off the walls here on Saturday!  I am going to have Nick pick out a couple WII games and a movie.  We have a loft upstairs where the WII is and the kids can camp out there.

Okay, on to something crafty.  My bff Stacy gave me a 6x6 paper pad of Steampunk Debutante, which is one of my most favorite paper collections, so I made this fun card with it.  I'm pretty sure I will never get tired of this paper.  I just love the cool images and colors.  I added some clock pieces and silver bead ribbon, as well as a little bling.  The roses in the corner were cut out of the paper and then I added some Stickles to them.


Enjoy the rest of your night :)

Denise

7 comments:

angie ashuk said...

wow!!! Beautiful card. The paper is amazing :)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is awesome! That is really super paper!

This sounds like a fun party! I love the red and pink candies, I never eat yellow or green LOL! Have fun and glad to hear you are feeling better!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Jackie said...

Oh I love this card soooo much, great job!

Marlene said...

Okay, I'm impressed! I have the toughest time with anything steampunk - so I really admire those who do such a wonderful job!

Stacy H-W said...

This card is even cooler in person! Gorgeous! Nicks party is going to bea blast for him. Good luck! lol

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Wow....gorgeous design. And I received my box of goodies...thank you soooo much! Hugs!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, this card is so gorgeous!! I love all the design elements you used! Fabulous!! I'm glad you are feeling better and I hope your son has a very happy birthday!! :)

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com