Monday, October 10, 2011

Kicking off a week of sneak peaks

Hey everyone, I am so excited to get to kick off a week of sneak peaks over at the Crafter's Companion USA blog.  Humphrey the Elephant is one of my favorite Crafter's Companion collection and I was so excited when I saw this absolutely darling new stamp from the Humphrey the Elephant Father's day stamp set. 

Isn't that the sweetest image and sentiment?  It reminds me of when my son was little and always pulling on his daddy's shoes and stomping around in them.  Though the stamp set is called Father's day, I made this card for my son to give to his dad for Christmas.  I have a feeling it's going to be a big hit with a handwritten note inside it.

I used my Cricut Expression to cut out the fun star shaped card (Birthday bash cartridge), outlined the star with white pencil, and added a brown ribbon around it.  (Notice no bow, it's for a guy after all.)  After stamping the image with my Tuxedo Black Memento Ink pad I colored this delightful image with my Copic Markers.


I used the following Copic markers for my little elephant: N1, N3, N5, E0000, E00, E02, E21, E23, E25, E27, E59, Y38, B00, B02, B05, R24, R27, R29.

I am getting seriously addicted to Copic markers.  I haven't picked up a colored pencil since I started coloring with them.  I hope you go by the Crafter's Companion USA blog this week and check out all the cool new stamps.

Have a great day :)

Denise

4 comments:

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Humphrey is soooooo super cute. This one made me smile. :)

Jackie said...

Really, super cute!

Stacy H-W said...

WOW girl this is awesome!! I think that image is the sweetest thing and your coloring is perfect.

Cathy said...

adorable!!