Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Delightful

Hey everyone,

I'm on my 2nd cup of coffee today.  Literally.  My first cup seems to have walked off by itself and I cannot find it anywhere!  Today feels like Monday to me since Nick and I just flew back from Vegas last night.  We had so much hanging out with my friend Stacy and her 5 kids.  I think the highlight for Nick was definitely going to Chuck E Cheese for a couple of hours.  My favorite thing was going to the local scrapbook store and making a Christmas tray with Stacy.  So much fun.

One of the things I made over the weekend was a layout of Nick's school picture from the beginning of last year.  He was growing his hair out at the time.


I bought a W R Memory Keepers Sew Easy tool over the weekend and got to try it on this layout.  I can't sew worth a darn and I have to say I LOVE this tool.  It took a little while to sew all the stitches but it was really easy.

The patterned paper, button, and chipboard is from MME Stella and Rose collection.

I am entering my layout in the following challenges:

Frosted Designs - Sketch challenge
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge - Distressing
K.R.A.F.T. Challenge - Bright Colors
Simon Says Stamps Challenge - Sparkle and bling
ABC Challenge - Anything Goes
One Stitch at a Time Challenge - Anything Goes
One Stop Craft Challenge - Anything Goes

Have a great day!

Denise

18 comments:

Sabina said...

Beautiful LO!!! Great job with the sew easy!! Thanks for joining us at ABC!!!

Céline said...

gorgeous scrapbook page
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline Dt member

carol said...

super page, looks fab, thanks for joining our challenge at CRAFT this week, x carol

Elizabeth Hart said...

Great distressing technique on this page and I love your sewing- really adds to this scrapbook page. Thanks for sharing this with us at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Sabrina said...

Hehe fabulous sewing, Denise!! I think this is a great page of Nick! Perfect choice of papers too!! Have a great day!! xoxo.

Marlene said...

Oh, this is a gorgeous layout! And pssst....Vienna is worse! LOL!!!! (You should scroll down and read my comments...there's a reply from "Kasey"....ROFL. I swear I didn't do that....don't know who did, but it definitely came from an IP address in Los Angeles!)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super lay-out! Glad you had fun on your mini vacation! I just received the sew easy too but I haven't tried it yet!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Lydia said...

Great layout! Fantastic take on the sketch and that stitching looks great. Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs.

Lin said...

Fabulous LO and sounds like a great trip!

Thanks for joining us at ABC.

Lin xx

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Vegas sounds like so much fun. Love your page. I've been wanting to try the Sew Easy tool for a while now. :)

Paddington fan said...

Super scrapbook page - love the sewing too!! Thanks for joining us at CRAFT this week for our bright challenge and good luck, love Jacky x CRAFT DT

Love crafts forever said...

Thanks for playing with us at OSAAT.
Hugs Nataliya.

Nikki Byrne said...

Fabulous scrapbook page :o) Thank you for joining ust at OSAAT this week. Good luck. Hugs

NIKKI DT

kyanos said...

Great LO!! mice color combo, love the background!!!
thanks for playing with us a t ABC Challenge
hugs

kissinia said...

Absolutely Brilliant LO! I am delighted that you decided to participate in our challenge at the Frosted Designs.

Debbie said...

Love the stitching on your layout!!! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs Sketch Along Tuesdays!

Heleen said...

Great lay-out! And your son is real adorable.
Thanks for joining us at stamptacular sunday and I wish you luck on the challenge.

Hugs,
Heleen

Marina Johan said...

My favourite paper line :) Love the stitching details. Thanks for playing along with Frosted Designs!