Monday, September 5, 2011

Wild and Free

Happy Labor Day!  We are all relaxing around the house today getting ready for the new week.  Tomorrow is Lara first day back to preschool and she is so excited about it.  She has the same teachers she had last year so it should be an easy transition for her.  Her first two days are short as well (an hour and a half, rather than the normal 3).


I did have time this weekend to make a layout using some of my Quick Quotes stash and a fabulous sketch.  My girlfriend Stacy and I decided to make it at the same time, though with me in CA and her in NV.  It's a good way to get scrapping :)  The picture of my son, Nick, was when he had just come down a good sized Waterslide. He was pretty thrilled with himself :)

I got out my Expression to cut out the banner (Give a Hoot), circular shape (Cindy Loo), and scalloped edge (Accent Essential) on the right hand side.     The rubons and chipboard embellishments are from MME and the glittered ABCs are Making Memories.

I am entering my layout into the following challenges:

Quick Quotes -  banner
My Creative Sketches - Sketch challenge

That's it from me today.  Enjoy the rest of your day and thanks for looking :)

Denise

11 comments:

jacque4u2c said...

Awesome layput!!!! What a great job!

Carolina said...

Love your layout! I wad looping at that piece of chipboard with the 3 words only yesterday (it was in the first bag hanging from my clip it up) and wondering if I will ever get to use it, now I see it here, what a coincidence!

Mycreativescrapbook said...

lovely work , thanks for playing!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super fun lay-out! Nice papers and design! Perfect sentiment!

Stacy H-W said...

Love this layout! I really like how clean and simple it feels. Thanks for doing this sketch challenge with me. The inspiration really helped!

Angel said...

Nicely done... Glad you played along at My Creative Scrapbook Sketch Blog...

~Melissa~ said...

Super cute page!! Thanks for playing along!!

Melin said...

What a super layout! I love how you used the rub on right on the picture! Great composition! Thank you for playing along with us at Quick Quotes

Melin
QQ DT
Melin
Blog: CookingWithCricut.com
Shop: PaperCraftingWorld.com

**Treefrog** said...

Love the layout and the colors are perfect for a water scene! So glad you joined us over at Quick Quotes for the banner challenge!
((Hugs)) Theresa

Lisa Giesbrecht said...

Love the simplicity of this LO. It really makes the banner & your other embellies pop. Great job!
~Lisa
(QQ Social Media Director)
www.blogquickquotes.com

Romy said...

This is so beautiful! I love your monochromatic colour palette. Thanks for playing along!