Monday, September 12, 2011

Two new cards for Crafter's Companion USA


*** If you are looking for my Double Twisted Easel tutorial scroll down to the previous post***

I have two Crafter's Companion projects to share with you today as well.  The first one I made for the Crafter's Companion News Blog.  I used the Popcorn the Bear Birthday Collection CD ROM and the main image of the Popcorn the Bear Birthday Hugs stamp set.  This stamp measures 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches!  It's huge!



I printed out this paper for the background of my card.   


I just love that I can decide on a color scheme for my card and print it out right away.  No more shuffling through paper, mixing and matching.  Here's a close up of the yellow and blue presents on the page.  The really great thing about this background is that I could have printed this paper in a variety of other colors, rather than the blue and yellow.  However, I was looking for softer colors and chose this one. 

Then using my Copic markers, I colored the large present yellow and blue to match.  In the left corner I tied a bow and wrapped it around the Popcorn the Bear background paper before adhering it to the front of the card.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Southern Girls Challenge - lots of layers or a birthday theme
The Stamping Boutique challenge blog - make a birthday project
Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge - ribbon
I Did it Creations Challenge Blog - Anything goes

The second card I made for the Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog.  This month's challenge is to incorporate a Crafter's Companion stamp with the theme Autumn.



I saw a fabulous card sketch challenge at Moving Along with the Times and decided to use it for my card.  I colored this cute little mouse, from the Crafting Companions stamp set, with Copic Markers and added it to an orange backing.  Then using my I-rock, I added orange bling along the edges.   The flowers are from Prima and I added a little Diamond Stickles to the larger orange flower.  Next I found a wonderful Autumn quote through Google (love Goggle!) and printed it out on vellum paper.   I then adhere the vellum quote to a vellum tag using V2.  I also found an acorn eyelet that went with the theme perfectly.



Thanks for looking at my two cards :)  If you have a Crafter's Companion stamp, we'd love to see your fall projects :)

I am entering my Autumn card in the following challenges:

Moving along with the Times - Card sketch
Sentimental Sundays - Autumn
I Did it Creations Challenge blog - Anything Goes
The Paper Variety - Favorite Embellishment (Prima flowers all the way)
Stacy's Stamp challenge at Sketches4all - use a stamp

and linking my Autumn card to Craftaholics Anonymous linky party.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Denise


19 comments:

Christy Dillman said...

What an adorable card, love that paper and image is colored wonderfully! Thanks for entering our b-day challenge at The Stamping Boutique and good luck!

Hugs,
Christy
TSB Store Manager

Marlene said...

Two fabulous cards, Denise! I love them both, but the second one really appeals to me, color-wise and design-wise.

Stacy H-W said...

I with Marlene, they are both awesome but the second one just calls to me!! Totally wicked good!!

DesignerDiva said...

Two beautiful cards Denise, love all the rich colours and sentiment on the second

Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT this week and good luck with the challenge
Hugs Laurie xx

Jackie said...

Denise these are great! You are getting so fabulous with the cards! Glad you could play along with TPV!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Super cute cards!!!

Elise said...

Hi Denise! Love both of your beautifully sweet cards!!! Fab colouring too!

Hugs,
Elise

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

These are so great! That is awesome how you printed the paper! It matches your image perfect! Love the flower and bling on the second one!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Denise
Both cards are gorgeous ,thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
Hugs Dianne xx

Pami said...

Hi Denise, two wonderful cards, I love the rich autumn colours in the second one and the flowers are fab! Thank you so much for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, hope to see you again soon! Pami x

Lisa Jane said...

oh 2 fabulous cards .. i love the autumnal colours in the second card .. so pretty
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
Lisa x

Janette said...

Your cards are fabulous, love the autunm one, the sentiment is perfect, I so ,love this time of year. Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week.xxx

madebyKarla said...

Beautiful cards. My favorite is the mouse one! I posted a blog award for you. Come visit me to claim it ;)

Tara said...

Great cards! I am just in love with the image on the first one!
Tara
tarashomemadehappiness.blogspot.com

Glue Meets Paper said...

beautiful flowers- great cards!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Awww both cards are super adorable and sweet. I love the soft yellow color. :)

Hazel (Didos) said...

Love both the cards they are great, thanks for playing along on MAWTT this week Love Hazelxoxox

Stacey G.- 2 Craf-t-4u said...

Too cute! Love the beautiful papers! Thank You so much for joining us at Sentimental Sundays this week!

Julie said...

Thanks for joining Southern Girls "Birthday Hop" with your brilliant card! Good luck,Julie.x