Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Playing around at Sketches4you

Hey everyone,

Just a quick card and tag to share with you.  Both were part of Sketches4you End of the Summer Sketch-a-thon.  I had a lot of fun making my butterfly card.  I made a mask using a butterfly in the Home Decor and More Cricut cartridge and spraying it with Glimmer mist.  I then cut out around the shape and added some pink bling and pearls.  The smaller butterflies were also from that cartridge.  I painted them with some Glimmer Glam, add some extra glitter while it was drying, and then added some loose rhinestones I had lying around.  


I decided to use Pink Paislee's Old School Collection to make my tag.  I still have quite a few school layouts I need to do, so this would be a quick addition to one of them.  I seriously love the rub-ons.  I don't think you can really see it, but I used one of their clear oversized cards for the base of it.  The lined paper is actually underneath the card.



Thanks for looking :)

Denise

7 comments:

Tara said...

love all the bling!
Tara
tarashomemadehappiness.blogspot.com

Stacy H-W said...

Those both turned out so cool. I love how you put the paper under the clear tag. And that butterfly is gorgeous! So much work put into it. You can just tell how special it is.

Marlene said...

Two totally different cards - yet both are gorgeous. (And I love bling!)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

These are great! I really love all the butterflies! This would fit into the new challenge over at imagine create butterfly theme, the link is on my butterfly card that I submitted over on my blog :)


Great tag! Love the color combo on this!

Sabrina said...

Denise, these are totally pretty!! I love all the blings on the card =)

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Super beautiful. I really love that school tag. :)

Kelly Massman said...

What a pretty card and cute tag! I love the green butterflies on the card!!!