Thursday, September 1, 2011

Crafter's Companion U.S.A.'s "Fall" Challenge

It's time again for a new challenge over at Crafter's Companion USA Challenge blog.  This month we are cooling down the challenge by using Autumn as our theme.  I'd sure love to cool off over here!  It's been sooo hot here in Southern California.  It never fails.  School starts and the temperatures soar.

For my Autumn project, I used one of my favorite Popcorn the Bear stamp sets, Bunches of Love.  This large stamp is perfect for any occasion.  I decided not to include a sentiment for my card, so I could use it whenever I needed a last minute card.




I used my Cricut Expression (Songbird cartridge) to cut out the shaped squares on my card and inked up the edges with some brown chalk.  The paper is from Close to my Heart.  (Can you tell I'm trying to use that up?  I need to make room for a couple of warehouse boxes I've got coming!)  I colored the image with Copic Sketch Markers.  I found a bit of ribbon I had left over from another project and added a bow to the bottom of the card, as well as some copper pearls along the edges.  Like most scrappers, I hoard left over bits of paper and ribbons.  You never know when you might use them, right?  

Hope you've enjoyed the card today and will join us in the challenge.  Our fabulous prize of a CleverCut 5-in-1 trimmer ($49.95 value!) is still the prize as we didn't hit the 10 person requirement to give it away.  So come over and join.  Talk about great odds of winning!

I am entering my card over at Ready Teddy Go Challenge where the challenge is "Autumn Colors".


Have a wonderful morning!


Denise

13 comments:

Staci said...

What a sweet card! I love the pearls and pretty ribbon. Have a great day!

Jackie said...

I love it, it's so pretty! I'm a bear lover :)

Marlene said...

Your card is gorgeous, Denise! (Noticed your post is dated August 1st, though...lol....I think you're a month behind!)

A Passion For Paper said...

Ooh how totally cute Denise, just love your card.

I'd forgotten how sweet Popcorn is and your colour scheming is perfect.

Thank you for entering at the Ready-Teddy-Go Challenge this month.

Remember you can enter up to 4 times per month as long as you enter a different project each time.

Warmest wishes, Julie Ann x

Clare *Littlebear* said...

This is gorgeous Denise. I love the shapes you have cut out to layer the image onto and the ribbon is beautiful.
Thank you for joining our challenge at Ready-Teddy-Go this month.
Clare x

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Popcorn the bear is so cute. Love the fall colors and the beautiful ribbon. :)

madebyKarla said...

Love your teddy bear card!
Yup, that's a messy desk for me! I'm usually very neat!
Thanks for putting my candy on your sidebar :)Good luck!

Anne-Marie said...

Your card is lovely, with your colouring as well. Just beautiful.

Thanks for joining us the SECOND Ready-Teddy-Go Challenge.

Anne-Marie x x

Sally said...

This is such a sweet card and Popcorn is so cute. Glad you could join us at Ready Teddy Go this month.
Hugs Sally xxx

Stephanie said...

Wow the image is adorable, but those squares and the ribbon makes the card absolutely gorgeous. LOVE when you use something adorable, but the card is not cutesy. You added the right elements to make this one stunning!!! I hope you get what I am trying to say. Hugs:)

Vicky said...

Just so gorgeous hun.....

thanks for joining us at Ready-Teddy-Go...and good luck..

hugs Vicky xx

Nicola said...

Love this card, everything from the image to the bow is just so perfect :)

Thanks for joining us at Ready Teddy Go
Good luck
Nicola and Carole =)

Daniele said...

lovely card so glad you joined us at Ready-Teddy-Go
hugs