Saturday, August 13, 2011

You color my world

I saw this paint challenge at The Altered Alice.  It is a blog is all about Alice in Wonderland.  There is some seriously cool artwork over there.  I decided to get out my Cricut for this one.  I had the perfect cartridge for it, Disney Classics.  It has a ton of Alice in Wonderland images.



I painted or half painted the little Prima Roses red.  The eyes and tongue were just to small to cut on my Cricut, so I painted them with white and pink with a toothpick.  I was holding my breath the whole time, so afraid I'd get paint all over.  It's hard being a clutz I tell you.  The "you color my world quote" is a Close to my Heart stamp.  So perfect for the image.  The rose border is from Crafty Secrets' Greeting from Wonderland acrylic stamp set.

Hope you all are having a wonderful Saturday!

Denise

7 comments:

Carolina said...

Cute! What a great idea!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is so fun!

Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Lynne Phelps said...

Thanks so much for playing along with The Altered Alice! What a perfect take on the challenge! The way you painted the flowers is great, and the sentiment is absolutely perfect for this charming scene!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Love the Rose border and the sentiment is perfect great image too. Thanks for joining in the challenge at The Altered Alice. Tracy x

DonnaMundinger said...

This is so darn CUTE! Great job with your Cricut, and I just love your sentiment and border! Thanks for joining us at The Altered Alice. xxD

CuddlyBunny said...

Excellent creative use of Cricut cuts! I especially love that your piece is so clean and simple!

Thanks for dropping down the rabbit hole with us this month at The Altered Alice!

Sandy said...

Really really lovely card.
Gorgeous cut´s with your cricut. Love it.

Thanks for playing the Altered Alice this month.