Friday, August 26, 2011

Moments

Today I have a layout using some of my stash.  I received this gorgeous paper two or three years ago at a Quick Quotes Private Reserve weekend.  If you ever get a chance to go to one, I highly recommend them.  I've been to two.  

It's hard to tell by the picture, but I totally blinged out this layout.  There is bling all along the largest brown square square.  I also colored some clear bling blue with a Copic marker and put them all along the title of my layout (Moments).  It's very sparkly :)  The beautiful clear three dimensional flowers are from Pink Paislee.  



I used a great sketch from Sketch Inspiration.  It is a Ning site that has a new layout sketch up every Sunday.  They always have great prizes so you might want to check them out if you haven't already.

I am also entering my layout in the following challenges:
Sketches In Thyme - Open sketch challenge
CropStop challenge - Anything goes
Oldie but a Goodie - Lots of Sparkle
Creative Cutter - Splish Splash (water)

I also got a blog award yesterday from Carri at Double Click Connections.  Carri is super talented and shares amazing Cricut projects almost every day.  I feel very humbled to have been chosen from her.  Thanks Carri!!!



As part of this award, I have to answer the following 12 questions and pass this on to 6 people.  Here are the answers to my questions:

Name your favorite color? 
Pink (but not on clothes)
Name your favorite song?
Good life from One Republic (It rocks!  I'd put it on my blog if music didn't irritate people.  So upbeat! )
Name your favoirte dessert?
Creme Brulee
What wizzes you off at the moment? 
Nothing right now... hmm that's strange ;)
Your favorite pet? 
My 9 year old Shitzu Simba
Black or white? 
Black (who picks white?)
Your biggest fear? 
home invasion, What can I say?  I'm married to a cop.
Best feature? 
Sense of humor
Everyday attitude? 
Have fun
What is perfection? 
a warm sunny sky and my family around me
Guilty pleasure? 
What isn't a guilty pleasure these days...I guess diet coke
When you're upset? 
If I'm really upset I'll clean up the house while stewing.  And then my house is clean and I'm not so upset anymore :) 
 
I'm sending this off to some new and old blogging friends.There are other gals who I'd love to give this to but either I ran past the 6 person max or they had already received this award.  (Stacy you know I'd put you first but you got this fabulous award from Carri too)  I wanted to pick some fabulous bloggers that somehow hadn't received this award.   These wonderful woman are so supportive of me.  They leave me sweet comments even though I've been such a bad blogger this Summer.  Having two kids home made it really hard to visit my blogging friends and leave comments.  Heck, I had a hard time carving some me time to scrap.  But these gals still left me sweet comments letting me know that I was still in their thoughts.  These women are so awesome.  If you don't already know them (they have all been around the scrapping blogging world for quite some time) you might want to click on their names and get to know them.


Caro
Staci
Angi
Cindy
Jinky
Barbara

I'm pretty sure I'm preaching to the choir but I am so happy I stumbled on this amazing world of online scrappers.  There are so many people I've met who I consider friends, so many awesome giveaways and challenges, and even better, so many design teams which I have joined and enjoyed creating for.   I always said I'd never blog... thank goodness I don't admitting mind when I'm wrong.  Blogging is pretty darn cool.

Hope you have a crafting weekend,

Denise

18 comments:

Marie said...

I love how you punched the paper and put a pic behind it! SO CUTE!

Stacy H-W said...

Gorgeous.layout! I can verify that this layout is totally blunted out! Congrats on the award! Carri rocks! And so do you!

madebyKarla said...

How cute! I love how the background paper looks like cracked paint with the old paint showing through. that's what I picture anyway! Love it!

Kathleen B. Hernandez said...

Wonderful moment layout in blue! Thanks for joining us at CropStop!

Kathleen
Blog: “Let’s Get Scrappy!”

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Love this beautiful page Denise. The colors, the photos, and the beautiful birdie make this page fabulous.

Awwww thank you Denise. You are the sweetest. I've gotta meet ya when I come to California in December. And I love One Republic. Their music rocks. I love Good Life and All the RightMoves. :)

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining our challenge Oldie But A Goodie with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Karin said...

What a pretty page, love the colors and the pictures are very beautiful.Thanks for joining us on Sketches in Thyme hope you play with in the next challenge,
XOXO

Vicki said...

Fabulous LO! Great layering and matting. Thanks for playing along with our CropStop "Anything Goes" CHallenge.

Cindy Gay said...

Thank you! Check out my blog........wasn't sure about all the questions but I did my best. I don't wear pink either! Have a great day and thanks again!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Your lay-out is so super cute! I hope you will come over and enter this at the CCR, theme is splish splash deets are on my blog and the prize is a cartridge!! I enjoyed reading more about you, I heart Diet coke too and we have the same type of Husbands! Happy Crafting!

Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Scrappin' Sista said...

I love your LO! Love the bling. Thanks for join us at Creative Cutter Room. Hope you'll join us for our next challenge.

Christel
CCR DT member
http://onescrappinsista.blogspot.com

Sweet Magnolia Rose said...

It looks like your the lucky winner today...be sure to stop by my blog today :o)

Carolina said...

Thanks for the award!!!

Barbara Bruder said...

Thanks for the compliment/award.What a sweet person you are!!!

Jinny Newlin said...

What a beautiful page! LOVE that little flower pic, and your color combo is to-die-for! Thanks so much for playing along with us this month at Sketches in Thyme!

JoyfullyOrange In Heaven said...

Congrats on the award! Your layout is great! I'm a scrapper newbie and I hope to be as creative as you. So glad I "stumbled onto" you and I will follow your link that you "stumbled onto" LOL

Many blessings! Deborah/JoyfullyOrange

Francesca said...

Gorgeous creation
Thanks for joining us at Oldie but a goodie challenge and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

Creative Cutter Room said...

This is a gorgeous layout. I love your color choice you can just feel the beach! Thanks for sharing your creativity in The Creative Cutter Room. Hugs Cathie