Monday, August 22, 2011

Treasure box and card



Happy Monday!  This week at Crafter's Companion USA blog we are showing off Crafter’s Companions' Humphrey the Elephant stamp sets.  These darling elephant stamps are so versatile and great for any kind of paper project you might want to create.

Today I have a beautiful treasure box and matching card to share with you.  We visited my bff Stacy and her family over the weekend and I talked her into making a treasure box as well.  (You have to wait to see it till next week on the Crafter's Companion blog though.)  It was so much crafting and laughing together all weekend long!



I created the treasure box using the Ultimate Crafters Companion toolBoxer board, and The Ultimate Advanced Construction Techniques DVD.   The Advanced Construction Techniques DVD made the the treasure box amazingly easy to create, as I just followed along using the step by step instructions on the video. Once I was done making the treasure box, I added some layered flowers, pearls and cream colored lace ribbon to the base and lid of the treasure box.  The lid stays closed with a little bit of velcro.  Everyting looks better with flowers and pearls, don't you think?  These boxes would be perfect with some homemade goodies inside and given to someone special.


To create the matching 6x6 card, I used my Ultimate Tool to cut layers of matching paper.



The sweet stamped image of two friends sharing some ice cream is the Humphrey stamp set Friends Forever.   Using Copic markers, I colored my stamped image and chalked around the white cardstock with purple chalk.  To create the sentiment, "I treasure you", I choose a font I like on my computer and printed it out on vellum paper.  I finished it by adding matching flowers and a bit of pearls along the bottom. 



I am entering this in Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge which is to use ribbon on your project.

Hop you all have a great Monday!  

Denise

4 comments:

cebelica said...

The treasure box is fab. What a great idea! I also like the card you made. The image is really cute.

Sarah said...

What an adorable little project. Very pretty. Thanks for joining us at The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge. Sarah x

Sasha said...

Gorgeous creation! Love Humphrey! Thank you for joining in with us at The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop Challenge.

Mina said...

wow Denise this is such a fantastic project, your card is beautiful and I love the stamp...thanks for joining in with the Pretty Little Ribbon shop challenge
Mina xxx