Monday, August 8, 2011

Crave the Wave Canvas

Happy Monday everyone!  It's time for a new challenge at Paper Playtime.  The new challenge is to create a project with water.  Living is Southern California, I always have lots of beach photos to use.  My son, Nicholas, had asked me to make something for his room.  I thought this cute photo of him, his sister, and cousin at the beach would be perfect for his room.  He just loves his cousin, Grace.


I bought the 8x10 canvas at Michaels.  They have really cheap canvas there.  Then I used some paint to cover it on a light blue.  The sand paper I made from a white cardstock.  I first sprayed it with a gold glimmer mist and then painted it with Chandelier glimmer glam which gave it such a sparkly gold color.  Finally I chalked up the edges with a brown chalk.  I added some small shells to finish off the beach look.  The wave paper is from American crafts and I used some Stickles to add a little bling to the top wave.

Lastly I used my Cricut to cut out the "Crave the Wave" saying and birds from the Life's a Beach cartridge.

Nick loved his canvas which totally made my day.

Make sure you enter Paper Playtime's challenge because we always have the best sponsors!

I will be back later today with my Crafter's Companion post and winner.  We are at Legoland today so I will post as soon as we get back with the winner :)

Have a fabulous day!

Denise

5 comments:

Khristen said...

This is such a cool canvas! That really looks like sand, how amazing it's just glimmer mist/glam! Awesome, now I need me a canvas LOL So many blank walls, so little time...

Kelly Massman said...

This is great!

Stacy H-W said...

Gorgeous project girl!! Love how the sand looks. Bet Nick loves it!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Super fun project. Canvas is so fun to work with. :)

Mary said...

Beautiful!