Thursday, August 25, 2011

Celebrate LIfe

Hey gals.  Today I have a layout using Sketchabilities Aug 15th Sketch.  After I turned the sketched, it was perfect for a couple of St. Bart's photos I wanted to scrap.  



The photo was taken during a cloudy evening, right before we went to a 5 star restaurant for dinner with friends on the island.  The sunset photo was our view from the condo we stayed at.  I used the colors of the sunset picture to inspire my layout.  The background paper, flowers, leaves, ribbon, and bling are from Prima.  Aren't these large blooms gorgeous?!  The dotted card stock is BoBunny and I punched a couple of them with a MS border punch.  The butterflies were from some old BG chipboard which I added Stickles to.  The vellum quote says, "You make me HAPPY when skies are gray".  I tried out a new vellum adhesive runner I had received and sorry to say I don't like how it shows up.  From now on, I am going to stick to Helmar's V2 spray because I know that it doesn't show underneath the vellum.  Finally I added a couple rub-ons from CTMH and Imaginese.  

I am entering my layout in the following challenges:

Sketchabilities - sketch
Incy Wincy Designs - Anything but a card
CropStop challenge blog - Anything goes
Paper Crafting Journey - Anything goes

Hope you all had a wonderful day.  It's almost Friday!!!! 

Denise

19 comments:

Cathy said...

Gorgeous layout!! lots of flowers, I love that.
cathhyplus5.blogspot.com

Vicki said...

Beautiful, "happy" LO! Love all of the colors! Thanks for joining our CropStop Challenge, "Anything Goes"!

Kate said...

Beautiful LO! I just love everything about it. TFS

Hugs
Kate

Cindy Gay said...

Now that's a great photo (& layout!)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So pretty! Love all the flowers and details!

Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

~Christina~ said...

Love this...what beautiful flowers :) :)

anazelia said...

this is gorgeous denise.

Kathleen B. Hernandez said...

Beautiful and sweet LO! Thanks for joining us at CropStop!

Kathleen
Blog: “Let’s Get Scrappy!”

Candy C said...

Hi Denise! Your scrapbook layout page is lovely. Love the way you layered your papers and the various beautiful flowers are the perfect compliment pieces. Beautiful colors as well! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

Sarah said...

This is wonderful, fabulous photos and the butterflies are a perfect finishing touch. Thanks for joining us at the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge. Sarah x

Carla said...

What a fun bright lay out!

Jackie said...

Beautiful, beautiful!

Debbie said...

Beautiful layout! Love the colours and your details!

pysselpetra said...

so many sweet details to admire - beautiful page ♥

gina g said...

Fabulous page, love the detail. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine and good luck. luv gina xx

Shona said...

beautiful and love your take on the sktech :)

Terry said...

Hey there Denise thank you for sharing your personal Layout with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show, your layout is really pretty, lovely colors, great piece. Hugs Terry xxxx

Kelly Massman said...

This is really gorgeous! I bet your memories from this trip will be with you for a lifetime!

Suzie McFloozy said...

O what a stunning layout - love those blooms x
Thanks for joining in with us at Papercrafting journey - good luck x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo