Friday, July 22, 2011

tongue in cheek card (not for the faint hearted)

Happy Friday!  Today I made a risque card for my sis.  She has been dealing with a lot of unhappy stuff lately, so I thought I'd send her a funny card to cheer her up.  **Warning - It's definitely not PC, so don't read if you get offended easily.


It's that hilarious?!  I won some digis from Bugagoo stamps and when I saw this one I laughed so hard.  I knew I had to have it.  It's called Stella Fairy Visit.  I colored her with Copics and the paper is some really old Rusty Pickle.  The pink glitter stars are from Prima.  The one on the left looks red in the pic but is really a dark pink.
  
It's seems like forever since I've post!  Oh wait, it has been!  LOL.  Summer is just zooming by for us.  I haven't had much time to scrap or blog.  But you all know how that goes.  With kids around, crafting takes a backseat.   Is anyone liking this new blogger?  Half the time I can't get my reader to work right, so I'm definitely feeling out of the loop as far as other blogs are concerned.  This is the first CHA that I haven't followed closely through other people's blog.  Any really awesome new lines out there?

This weekend we are seeing some friends from Northern California and Chris and I are celebrating our 12th anniversary on Sunday.  We are going minature golfing and eating at a nice seafood dinner with the kids to celebrate :)  

Hope everyone has a great day,

Denise

7 comments:

Sharon said...

How very funny!!!! Great card!! Oh yeah, isn't blogger just great. I can't see any followers on mine or anyones blog and can't follow any new blogs at all. Really great blogger! :)

Marlene said...

That's a hoot!! (But boy, if you needed a warning on THAT, then I should have a lock and key on my blog!)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is hilarious! I would send one to my sister too! Super cute!

Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Donna said...

Great card, I just made one for my husband's 72nd birthday using Gus the golfer from bugaboo digi stamps. They have some really cool "adult" stamps. TFS Love your coloring.

Staci said...

Ha ha! Love it! TFS. :-)

Barbara Bruder said...

Love the card!!! It's a hoot :) TFS

Rose said...

Denise, I'd expect that receiving this card would put a welcome chuckle into anyone's day. Sometimes a slap of light-heartedness is just what someone in despair needs, you know, to put things into perspective. Nicely done! ~ Rose