Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Bliss

Being in St. Bart for 8 nights was sooo relaxing.  Stacy got a picture of my hubby in the pool and it pretty much shows what we did the entire time.   You can see the infinity pool and the gorgeous ocean behind it.  Such a gorgeous view, we were constantly admiring it.





The paper is a mistable line from Pink Paislee.  I glimmer misted both the background page, the "Bliss" mistable title, the blue tissue along the bottom of the pic, and the sheet of paper behind the pic.  The aqua, green, and yellow were the gorgeous summer colors that remind of the beauty of the island.  Pretty much went nuts with my glimmer mist.  The stamps and blue ribbon on the layout are from Pink Paislee as well.  The flowers and butterflies are from Prima.   



I made a "sun" type embellishment using ribbon that I glimmer painted with "Chandelier".  Then I used a self adhesive chipboard button to use in the center.  The colored button didn't match at all so I used the sticky side to add a star glitter to it and then adhered the color front of the button to the page using a strong glue.  Great way to change embellishments you don't like.  Under it you can see a colorful striped ribbon that added just a little bit of additional color.



I used a beautiful sketch from Twisted sketches and am entering my page at Sketches in Thyme (open sketch).

Hope everyone has a wonderful week :)

Denise

13 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

Beautiful page, Denise! Glad you had a great time!!!

artfuldelight said...

Beautiful LO!! Love all the embellishments

Marlene said...

Ooooh...bliss is right! Gorgeous layout...gorgeous vacation spot. *sigh*

Cindy Gay said...

Very pretty and peaceful.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So pretty! Looks sooo relaxing!

Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Janis said...

Beautiful! And yes, it looks so inviting and relaxing. :)

Karin said...

Great page and beautiful color scheme. The butterflies are lovely.
Thanks for playing with us on Sketches in Thyme. Hugs!

Carolina said...

Beautiful! It is the perfect LO for those pics. Looks like you had a great time! We were planning to head for Barbados this weekends, but the tickets are sold out. Guess we waited too long to buy them! :(

Stacy H-W said...

This turned out so pretty. I love that photo of Chris. Man I miss that pool!! ha

lizaveta said...

Great LO! Thanks for joining with us at Sketches in Thyme!!

Lynne Phelps said...

Gorgeous! I can feel myself de-stressing just looking at this lovely layout. The colors are fab and all the ribbon is terrific!

tiffany said...

stunning LO! Thanks for joining in the challenge at Sketches In Thyme! =) Tiffany

Erin R said...

Wonderful take on the sketch!! I love what you did!!

Thanks for playing at Sketches in Thyme and I hope you come play again!!

Erin R.